The Law of Product Warnings and Recalls in Canada, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
The Law of Product Warnings and Recalls in Canada, 2nd Edition will help any company that manufactures, imports, distributes or sells products in Canada to understand the law relevant to warnings and recalls, and to employ best practices and risk management strategies to avoid product liability. It provides a general overview of product liability law including causes of action and available damages, discusses different duties owed at common law and under statute, and describes legislative and regulatory requirements across the country. Guidelines and checklists are included to assist companies in preparing for or implementing a product recall.
The Law of Product Warnings and Recalls in Canada, 2nd Edition also provides an overview of product warning and recall laws and regulations across foreign jurisdictions such as the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
- Provides uniquely Canadian case studies as examples of how (and how not) to handle product recalls, and offers valuable insights on how best to meet the challenges faced
- Provides a comprehensive look at how other countries handle warnings and product recalls, covering products such as motor vehicles, drugs, medical devices, food and consumer products
- Guidelines for companies that set out what is needed in order to develop a plan for conducting a recall before it happens, including regulator guidance and industry codes of practice
- New and updated appendices providing points of reference and practical application and information for practitioners
- Legislative and regulatory developments and updated case law
- New guidelines from Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Expanded content on tort-based claims including the elements required to bring or defend an action for negligence, the most common basis of product liability
- Completely revised sections addressing legislated warning labels for: cannabis, certification bodies, containers used in international transport, cosmetics, consumer products, drugs, electrical products, explosives and ammunition, fertilizer, food, medical devices, motor vehicles, natural health products, pest control products, radiation emitting devices, textiles, and tobacco products
- Rewritten content on protocols for recalls in Canada under statute for consumer products, cosmetics, drugs, food, electrical products, medical devices, motor vehicles, natural health products and pest control products
- Updated overview of product warning and recall laws and regulations in key foreign jurisdictions
Who Should Read This Book
- Civil Litigation lawyers – to assist with product liability claims and defences
- Corporate lawyers – to advise clients on meeting their legal requirements when selling or distributing products in Canada
- In-house counsel – to understand the standards for product warnings and recalls, and navigate product liability
- Corporate risk managers – to help with the development of effective product warnings and with the execution of product recalls
- Exporters to Canada – to understand the duties and obligations of those putting products into the Canadian marketplace
- Law Students – to gain insight into important areas of business and consumer law
Table des matières
Chapter 1: Overview of Product Liability Law
Chapter 2: The Duty to Warn and the Adequacy of Warnings
Chapter 3: Is There A Duty to Recall? A Look at the Common Law
Chapter 4: Protocols for Recalls in Canada under Statute
Chapter 5: Foreign Jurisdictions
Chapter 6: Guidelines for Companies
Appendix A: Industry Guide on Mandatory Reporting under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act – Section 14 Duties in the Event of an Incident
Appendix B: A Guide to Voluntary Recall of Consumer products or Cosmetics in Canada
Appendix C: Recall Procedure: A Guide for Food Business
Appendix D: A Guide for Preparing a Preventive Control Plan for Domestic Food Business
Appendix E: Industry Guidance – “Danger to Human Health or Safety” Posed by Consumer Products
Appendix F: Cannabis Voluntary Recall Guide
Appendix G: Guide to Recall of Medical Devices (GUI-0054)
Appendix H: Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
Nouveau!PrécommanderThe Law of Search and Seizure in Canada, 12th EditionNouveau!Date de sortie: December 31, 2021400,00 $
Nouveau!PrécommanderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Legal Profession (2021 Reissue)Nouveau!Date de sortie: November 30, 2021320,00 $
Nouveau!PrécommanderRegulatory Law and Practice, 3rd EditionNouveau!Date de sortie: October 29, 2021225,00 $