Notre système de facturation fait présentement l'objet d'une mise à jour. En raison de cette mise à jour, veuillez noter que toutes les commandes passées après le 30 octobre seront traitées le 2 novembre.
Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
The Law of Hockey
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
The First Book on the Law of Hockey
Sports law expert John Barnes scores a major win with the first book on the Canadian law of hockey. A natural successor to Professor Barnes' internationally acclaimed Sports and the Law in Canada, 3rd Edition, this text delivers a comprehensive survey of the law of hockey, examining a range of on-ice and off-ice issues in their historical, social and economic context. This book is essential reading for anyone with an interest in the game and serves as an engaging overview of Canadian law. Topics covered include:
- Safety issues and potential legal liability, including the dangers from flying pucks, "rink rage" and sexual misconduct
- Criminal prosecutions for on-ice violence and civil liability for injuries suffered by players
- Examination of two cases of hockey homicide
- The business of hockey and sources of revenue
- The history of the NHL from a business and legal perspective
- Labour relations and contractual rights in the NHL
- The growth of sports law and the role of government in regulating sport
- The politics of domestic and international hockey associations and the rights of members
- The rights and remedies of disadvantaged groups in hockey, including the growth of the women's game
- The general framework of competition law and labour law
Why Should I Read This Book?
- This book is the first study of the wide range of legal issues that occur in hockey
- It offers an important perspective on Canada's official winter sport and serves the needs of lawyers, students, fans and all those involved in hockey at its different levels
Who Should Read This Book?
- Lawyers and agents have a reference source and research tool when dealing with legal issues in hockey and other sports
- Coaches, administrators and parents involved in hockey are informed about the legal context of the game, including legal responsibilities
- Students have an accessible text analyzing a variety of legal issues, including equality rights, criminal and civil liability, risk management and insurance, commercial and property rights, and labour relations and competition policy in sports
- Hockey fans have an explanation of the variety of legal problems that can occur on and off the ice
- The general reader gets an "ice level" introduction to the Canadian legal system
Click here to read a review of this title
Table des matières
Table of Cases
Chapter 1: Lord Stanley and the Wednesday Nighters
Chapter 2: Legal Fundamentals and Equality Rights
Chapter 3: Organizations and Regulations
Chapter 4: Build Safe: Rink Management and Risk Management
Chapter 5: Be Safe: Off the Ice
Chapter 6: Play Safe: On the Ice
Chapter 7: The Business of Hockey
Chapter 8: Competition Law and Labour Law
Chapter 9: National Hockey League
Chapter 10: Conclusion
Appendix I: Two Cases of Hockey Homicide
Thema – Les procès criminels : Modes et procéduresDate de sortie: October 05, 202370,00 $
Code criminel et lois connexes annotés, édition 2024 (Volume 1) + Guide du praticien (Volume 2) + Livre électroniqueDate de sortie: August 10, 2023165,00 $
JurisClasseur Québec - Collection Droit pénal480,00 $