Notre système de facturation fait présentement l'objet d'une mise à jour. En raison de cette mise à jour, veuillez noter que toutes les commandes passées après le 30 octobre seront traitées le 2 novembre.
Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
Investment Canada Act: Commentary and Annotation, 2024 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Foreign investment review continues to be a critical issue for foreign investors, Canadian businesses and their advisors. This biennial publication annotates each substantive provision of the Investment Canada Act, and contains extensive commentary and discussion on the most recent legislative and policy developments in this area of practice. It also features tables of all recent decisions and past Ministerial opinions, as well as helpful flow charts and diagrams throughout the book to explain the application of the Investment Canada Act in an easy-to-understand format.
This publication is a must-have practical guide for foreign investment and competition lawyers, general corporate and securities lawyers, government officials, as well as international companies and Canadian businesses that participate in the review processes under the Investment Canada Act.
Highlights of the New 2024 Edition
- A fully updated unannotated version of the statute at the beginning of the book
- Discussion of the Government of Canada’s Critical Mineral Strategy and policy statement, as well as the new voluntary filing regime
- The most recent versions of proposed amendments and commentary contextualizing the potential changes to the Investment Canada Act
- Recent key transactions such as:
- China Mobile’s incorporation of a new Canadian business (2021)
- Zijin Mining Group Co., Ltd.’s acquisition of Neo Lithium (2022)
- Zangge Mining’s investment in Ultra Lithium Inc. (2022)
- Updated commentary throughout the Investment Canada Act, including developments related to notification, reviewable investments, and ministerial notice
- Updated Investment Canada Act Forms, including the new form for voluntary filings
- A look forward at what to expect in 2024 and beyond
- And more
Features and Benefits
- Annotations of every substantive ICA provision – Covering all manner of issues under the ICA, including investments by SOEs
- Summaries of commitments and undertakings – Given by investors in major transactions since 2006, providing useful precedents for practitioners and companies participating in similar transactions
- A table of ICA decisions of the Minister Innovation, Science and Industry – Including the nationality of the investor, destination of the investment, the industry, the dates of announcement and filing (where publicly available), the decision date, the length of the review period and the deal size
- All Ministerial opinions – Providing practical examples of how the various provisions of the ICA have been applied in specific contexts cross-referenced under each relevant section of the ICA, and included in a single appendix for ease of reference
- Statistics on ICA transactions – Including details of the filing, acquisition type, country of origin, destination and industry sector
- Helpful flow charts – Demonstrating the application of the ICA to various types of investment
- Illustrative charts and diagrams throughout – Presenting information in an easy-to-understand and straightforward manner
- Useful appendices – With helpful information including statistics on transactions reportable under the ICA, lists of key contacts and a summary of the Ministerial opinions
Who Should Read This Book?
- Foreign investment, competition law and international trade lawyers – To assist in identifying issues and advising clients on ICA issues
- Corporate law and securities lawyers – To assist in identifying ICA issues
- In-house counsel – To assist in identifying and addressing ICA issues
- Government lawyers and other administrators – To facilitate the review of investments under the ICA and address issues of statutory interpretation
- Investment bankers and advisors – Both in Canada and internationally to keep informed of foreign investment issues
- International companies – To assist in complying with the ICA
Table des matières
Table of Cases
Table of Key Transactions
Table of Figures
Investment Canada Act R.S.C. 1985, c.28 (1st Supp.)
Annotated Investment Canada Act R.S.C. 1985, c.28 (1st Supp.)
Investment Canada Regulations, SOR/85-611
Investment Canada Act Forms
National Security Review of Investments Regulations, SOR/2009-271
Investment Canada Act Guidelines
Industry Canada Guidelines
State-Owned Enterprise Guidelines
Other Industry Canada Guidance
Other Relevant Guidelines
Canadian Heritage Guidelines
Lobbying Act, R.S.C. 1985, c.44 (4th Supp.)
Lobbyists Registration Regulations, SOR/2008-116
Designated Public Office Holder Regulations, SOR/2008-117
Table of Cases
Table of Key Transactions
Table of Figures
Investment Canada Act
Appendix 1A: Investment Canada Act Statistics (2006-2015)
Appendix 1B: Investment Canada Act Statistics (2016-2022)
Appendix 2: Ministers Responsible for the Enforcement of the Investment Canada Act
Appendix 3: Investment Review Division of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada – Key Contacts
Appendix 4: Cultural Sector Investment Review Division of Canadian Heritage – Key Contacts
Appendix 5: Application of the Investment Canada Act
Appendix 6: Modes of Indirect Acquisition and Applicable Thresholds
Appendix 7: Investor Thresholds since 2015
Appendix 8A: WTO Member States
Appendix 8B: Non-WTO Member States
Appendix 9: Investment Canada Act Decisions
Appendix 10: Investment Canada Act Representations, Covenants and Conditions in Merger Agreements
Appendix 11: Select Reverse Break Fees Related to Foreign Investment Approval
Appendix 12: Table of Ministerial Options
Nouveau!PrécommanderCompetition Act: Commentary and Annotation, 2024 EditionNouveau!Date de sortie: December 29, 2023125,00 $
Competition and Antitrust Laws in Canada: Mergers, Joint Ventures and Competitor Collaborations, 3rd EditionDate de sortie: November 19, 2020265,00 $
Competition and Antitrust Law – Canada and the United States, 5th EditionDate de sortie: November 21, 2019370,00 $