Notre site Web est configuré pour permettre l'utilisation des témoins. Pour de plus amples renseignements et pour modifier les paramètres cliquez ici. Si vous êtes satisfait(e) des témoins, veuillez cliquer sur « Accepter et continuer » ou continuer simplement à naviguer.
Competition and Antitrust Laws in Canada: Mergers, Joint Ventures and Competitor Collaborations, 3rd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Cited multiple times in the Competition Tribunal decision Canada (Commissioner of Competition) v Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited.
The only up-to-date source on navigating mergers and joint ventures through the Competition Bureau process, Competition and Antitrust Laws in Canada: Mergers, Joint Ventures and Competitor Collaborations, 3rd Edition is an essential tool for anyone involved in Canadian M&A. Facey and Brown offer superior analysis and pragmatic guidance to in-house counsel, private practitioners, academics, economists, students and government agencies based on critical developments over the past three years since the previous edition.
The wide-ranging content of this text includes:
- New tips for determining whether a transaction is subject to pre-merger notification
- Helpful insights into the merger planning and review process, based on recent experience
- Recent developments affecting cross-border and international M&A
Features of This Book
- New content on digital mergers, vertical issues, international cooperation and coordination, and joint ventures
- Reviews key implications of Canadian merger legislation and Competition Bureau practice for cross-border and international M&A
- Explains new developments involving the importance of the efficiencies defence in the interpretation of the Competition Act’s merger provisions
- Analyzes the limitations on information sharing in the context of both pre-agreement due diligence and pre-closing integration, and outlines strategies for maintaining legal privilege over transaction planning documents, and allocating competition risk in transaction documents
- Explains in plain English how the Competition Bureau uses economic analysis to determine the likely impacts of a merger
- Examines how market definition will impact conclusions regarding substantive competition law concerns with a transaction
- Describes popular theories of anticompetitive harm deployed by the Competition Bureau, and how economic evidence can be used to rebut these theories and gain approval for a merger
Who Should Read This Book
- Corporate/commercial and competition lawyers who must advise their clients on mergers, pricing, advertising and marketing practices
- Any lawyer or expert who advises the Competition Bureau, the Commissioner of Competition and the Competition Tribunal, all of which who must interpret and enforce merger law
- Law students who are looking for authoritative reference materials for competition law courses
- International corporate/commercial and competition lawyers who are engaged to work on mergers with international (especially U.S.) aspects
Table des matières
Chapter 1: History of Merger Review
Chapter 2: Notification
Chapter 3: Merger Planning and Process
Chapter 4: Economic Analysis
Chapter 5: Market Power and the Anticompetitive Threshold
Chapter 6: Market Definition
Chapter 7: Market Share and Market Concentration
Chapter 8: Competitive Effects and the Evaluative Facts
Chapter 9: Merger Efficiencies
Chapter 10: Failing Firms
Chapter 11: Non-Horizontal Mergers
Chapter 12: Remedies and Enforcement
Chapter 13: Joint Ventures and Competitor Collaborations
Competition Act: Commentary and Annotation, 2023 EditionDate de sortie: December 09, 2022125,00 $
Competition and Antitrust Law – Canada and the United States, 5th EditionDate de sortie: November 21, 2019370,00 $
Competition and Antitrust Law – Canada and the United States, 5th Edition – Student EditionDate de sortie: November 21, 2019145,00 $