Notre site Web est configuré pour permettre l'utilisation des témoins. Pour de plus amples renseignements et pour modifier les paramètres cliquez ici. Si vous êtes satisfait(e) des témoins, veuillez cliquer sur « Accepter et continuer » ou continuer simplement à naviguer.
Handbook on Statutory Interpretation - General Methodology, Canadian Charter and International Law
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Taking the Complexity Out of Canadian Statutory Interpretation
The interpretation of statutes in Canada has very broad applications in both the academic and practical arenas. As essential as the need for understanding how legislation is constructed, practitioners are often left wanting simple solutions that can be employed efficiently. Those seeking brief and sensible answers to basic queries or quick solutions to interpretation problems have few places to turn, especially when grappling with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and, even more so, with international law - two areas that are rapidly becoming indispensable when dealing with statutory interpretation in Canada.
Author Stephane Beaulac, with his wealth of expertise in both statutory interpretation and international law, tackles these challenges head on in his new book Handbook on Statutory Interpretation - General Methodology, Canadian Charter and International Law.
Features and Benefits
This human rights law book offers readers concise and user-friendly tools to help articulate the most powerful arguments to identify the legislative intent found in the statute. It provides:
- Expert commentary - provides more context for statutes by explaining the interpretative roles of both the Canadian Charter and international law
- Practical advice - examples and illustrations from across Canada's federal and provincial jurisdictions truly make this a nationally-focused publication
- Case law - detailed analysis of the key judicial decisions and a table of cases that practitioners in particular will find extremely valuable
- Research tools - an in-depth bibliography steering those seeking more background material to the appropriate sources
- Relevant legislation - complete reproduction of both the Interpretation Act (Canada) and Interpretation Act (Quebec)
Bringing Clarity to a Complex Issue
Handbook on Statutory Interpretation - General Methodology, Canadian Charter and International Law fills the gap in statutory interpretation texts by arming the reader with an understanding of:
- Both the official theory of legislative interpretation and Driedger's "modern principle"
- The three formal methods of statutory interpretation - textual arguments, contextual arguments and purposive arguments
- The use of complementary methods of statutory interpretation, such as historical and pragmatic arguments
A Must-Own Guide For
- Practitioners - who are faced with the challenge of interpreting a statute
- Government legal advisors - who need to understand statutory interpretation as part of the legislative drafting or policy development processes
- Academics - who are seeking a more succinct method for teaching classes which have a section on statutory interpretation
Table des matières
Table of Cases
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Methodology of Statutory Interpretation
Chapter 3: Formal Methods of Statutory Interpretation
Chapter 4: Complementary Methods of Statutory Interpretation
Chapter 5: The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Chapter 6: International Law
Appendix 1: Interpretation Act (Canada)
Appendix 2: Interpretation Act (Quebec)
JurisClasseur Québec - Collection Droit publicDate de sortie: December 04, 2014950,00 $
Précis de droit international public : théorie, sources, interlégalité, sujets, 3e éditionDate de sortie: August 28, 2021120,00 $
Précis d'interprétation législative - Deuxième éditionDate de sortie: August 01, 2014140,00 $