Asset Based Lending in Canada – Canadian Primer on Asset Based Financing, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Asset based financing requires different structuring and control than traditional bank lending. The asset based financing industry is relatively new to Canada – but has quickly become a large provider of debt financing.
Asset Based Lending in Canada adapts Howard Ruda's definitive Asset Based Financing – A Transactional Guide to Canadian law and practice and explains how to manage each stage of a transaction. Alison R. Manzer's analysis simplifies the original text to focus on the most critical information for Canadian users, while adding the applicable Canadian law.
Discover how Canadian laws and practice uniquely apply to the asset based loan as to:
- The grants of credit
- Personal property security
- Real estate
- Claims by and against the federal government
- Letters of credit
- Debt subordination
- Bankruptcy proceedings
- Avoid legal pitfalls related to asset based financing
- Perfect and monitor the security held for the loan
- Proceed in the event of default
- Reconcile the conflicting interests of third parties, including statutory lienors, unsecured creditors, taxing authorities and others
Draft with Confidence
Asset Based Lending in Canada contains a set of precedents to help you create effective financing contracts. Each precedent contains detailed notes explaining clauses and alerting you to drafting risks.
- Loan agreement
- Security agreement
- Subordination and standstill agreement
- Secured creditor acknowledgement
- Hypothec for Quebec
- Closing checklist and more
- Canadian corporate/commercial lawyers who need a reference on the Canadian laws governing asset based finance
- General Counsel acting for borrowers who need to make informed decisions about seeking and structuring asset based loans
- Accounting firms whose clients make use of asset based financing
- Banks/finance companies who wish to offer asset based loans to Canadian companies
Table des matières
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Grant of Credit
Chapter 3: Personal Property Security
Chapter 4: Personal Property Searches and Filing
Chapter 5: Security Involving Real Estate Interests
Chapter 6: Real Estate Aspects of Asset-Based Financing
Chapter 7: Claims By and Against the Federal Government
Chapter 8: Intellectual Property Financing and Issues
Chapter 9: Guarantees
Chapter 10: Letters of Credit
Chapter 11: Joint Loans, Syndications & Participations
Chapter 12: Intercreditor Agreements
Chapter 13: Debt Subordination
Chapter 14: Bankruptcy Reorganization