Canadian Securities Regulation, 5th Edition – Student Edition
Canadian Securities Regularion is one of Canada 's foremost treatises on the subject, where experts David Johnston, Kathleen Doyle Rockwell and Cristie Ford provide an authoritative exploration of the Canadian securities system, its historical underpinnings and the practical ramifications of its administration and enforcement. This is a student edition.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Click here for the professional edition of Canadian Securities Regulation, 5th Edition.Announcing the much-anticipated release of the fifth edition of Canadian Securities Regulation, the industry's authoritative resource on the Canadian securities system, covering everything from its historical underpinnings to the practical ramifications of its administration and enforcement.
In Canadian Securities Regulation, 5th Edition – Student Edition (softcover version), veteran expert authors David Johnston and Kathleen Rockwell are joined by law professor Cristie Ford who has helped maintain the balance between the needs of the student and of the practitioner in the exploration and examination of this important subject.
Features and Benefits
As in past editions, readers of Canadian Securities Regulation, 5th Edition can rely on this volume to provide a comprehensive overview of securities regulation in Canada, including:
- Systematic analysis that offers in-depth coverage of all aspects of securities regulation
- Timely commentary, outlining recent developments in the area and their impact
- Relevant case law that provides a starting a point for discussion and advocacy
- Expert insight into regulatory reform and the likely future path of securities regulation
Significant changes have been made in this fifth edition. In addition to being updated to reflect current law and practice, Canadian Securities Regulation, 5th Edition includes:
- New chapters on "Materiality", "Registration", "Corporate Governance" and "Outstanding Issues"
- A more pan-Canadian focus, with additional references to cases and statutes from Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec
- More emphasis on the relationship between securities regulation and capital markets regulation
- More integration of exchanges and self-regulatory organizations into the history of securities regulation
- Expanded discussion of the continued development of securitization and derivatives, including their role in "empty voting" and "hidden ownership" in the take-over bid context
- References to insights gleaned from the recent financial crisis, including its impact on prospects for internationalization and the disclosure-based nature of securities regulation
- Additional exploration of illegal insider trading, paralleling the Commissions' increased focus in this area
- A revised "Enforcement" chapter, with a discussion of matters such as new administrative sanctions and the development of "reciprocal" orders
- A discussion of the Supreme Court of Canada's decision in Reference re Securities Act, including an analysis of the prospects for federal and provincial cooperation in the wake of that decision
- An examination of the practical impact and theoretical challenges associated with information technology and innovations in the financial markets, including high frequency trading, dark pools, crowdfunding and increasing complexity
- A new appendix on the Asset-Backed Commercial Paper (ABCP) Crisis and its resolution
A Valuable Reference
This volume is a useful resource for anyone interested in gaining a deeper understanding of this complex area of law, including:
- Corporate and securities lawyers
- In-house counsel
- Securities regulators and government
- Financial institutions
Student Edition: Softcover
Table des matières
Chapter 1: Context and Philosophy
Chapter 2: History
Chapter 3: Scope
Chapter 4: Machinery
Chapter 5: Distribution
Chapter 6: Materiality
Chapter 7: The Prospectus
Chapter 8: Continuous Disclosure
Chapter 9: Distribution Exemptions
Chapter 10: Insider Trading
Chapter 11: Takeover Bids
Chapter 12: Civil Liability
Chapter 13: Registration
Chapter 14: Enforcement
Chapter 15: Recognized Entities
Chapter 16: Investment Funds
Chapter 17: National and Coordinated Approaches to Securities Regulation
Chapter 18: Corporate Governance
Chapter 19: Information Technology
Chapter 20: International Issues
Chapter 21: Outstanding Issues
Appendix A: The Bennett/Doman Insider Trading Saga
Appendix B: The ABCP Crisis in Canada: Implications for the Regulation of Financial Markets
Canadian Securities Regulation, 5th EditionDate de sortie: September 30, 2014350,00 $
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Communications (2019 Reissue), Student EditionDate de sortie: April 29, 2019125,00 $
Nouveau!PrécommanderSopinka, Lederman & Bryant – The Law of Evidence, 6th EditionNouveau!Date de sortie: June 30, 2022445,00 $