Canadian Health Law and Policy, 5th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Understand the developing and critical issues in health law and policy.
Much more than the study of laws relevant to the area of medicine, Canadian Health Law and Policy draws together the legal and policy issues that are relevant to human health, and sheds new light on emerging and continuing trends. Written by Canada's leading health law scholars, the fifth edition of this unique work provides expert commentary and analysis on a wide range of emerging health law related issues. It is a vital resource for anyone seeking to understand the developing and critical issues in health law and policy.
What's New in this Edition?
- New editors and contributors bring together a range of expertise from across Canada
- Completely revised and updated content
- Coverage of new statutes, policy documents, and court decisions
- Overview of the most recent cases and issues
- Review of the legal and policy controversies associated with a variety of emerging science and health technologies, including genetics, stem cell research and artificial intelligence
- Updates on controversial policy developments such as genetic discrimination and new gene editing technologies
- Commentary on today's most current public health issues, including infectious and chronic diseases
- Shorter targeted chapters that can be paired with primary legal sources for teaching
- New topics covered include:
- the study and teaching of health law
- robots and artificial intelligence in health care
- genetics and the law
- pharmaceutical regulation
- law and the body
- social determinants and marginalized populations
The Book Was Designed For
- University and college students in health law, medicine, and nursing who need a reference book on legal issues in health practice
- Policymakers who need to get up to speed on emerging health law topics
- Health, personal injury, and constitutional lawyers involved in medical malpractice, privacy, regulation of health professionals, mental health law, and representation of hospitals and health authorities
- In-House counsel and senior administrators at hospitals who need to follow developments in the law surrounding privacy, confidentiality, biomedical research, mental health, and reproduction
Table des matières
Introduction: The Study and Teaching of Canadian Health Law and Policy – Joanna N. Erdman
Part I: The Health System
Chapter 1: Jurisdiction in Canadian Health Law – Alana Klein
Chapter 2: The Rise and Fall of Canadian Medicare & the Role of Law – Colleen M. Flood, Bryan Thomas & David Rodriguez
Chapter 3: Charter Review of Health Care Access – Martha Jackman
Chapter 4: Quebec's Contributions to Canadian Health Law & Policy Debates – Lara Khoury & Catherine Régis
Chapter 5: The Governance of Indigenous Health – Constance MacIntosh
Part II: Health Resources
Chapter 6: The Role of Regulation in Healthcare – Professional and Institutional Oversight – Amy Zarzeczny
Chapter 7: Pharmaceutical Regulation – Matthew Herder
Chapter 8: Health Information: Privacy, Confidentiality and Access – Elaine Gibson
Chapter 9: The Regulation of Health Research Involving People – Gordon DuVal
Chapter 10: Robots and Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare – Ian Kerr, Jason Millar & Noel Corriveau
Chapter 11: Genetics and the Law – Ubaka Ogbogu
Part III: Health Practice
Chapter 12: Medical Negligence Law – Lorian Hardcastle
Chapter 13: Informed Choice in Medical Care – Louise Bélanger-Hardy
Chapter 14: Legal Capacity and Decisionmaking – Joan M. Gilmour
Chapter 15: Mental Health Law – Jennifer A. Chandler
Chapter 16: Regulating Reproduction – Vanessa Gruben
Chapter 17: Law and the Body – Erin Nelson
Chapter 18: End of Life Law and Policy – Jocelyn Downie
Part IV: Public Health
Chapter 19: Public Health Law and Infectious Diseases – Barbara von Tigerstrom
Chapter 20: Public Health Law and Chronic Diseases – Jacob Shelley
Chapter 21: Social Determinants and Marginalized Populations – Y.Y. Brandon Chen
Law for Healthcare ProvidersDate de sortie: November 23, 2018155,00 $
Ontario Family Law Practice, 2021 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2)Date de sortie: October 24, 2020250,00 $
Nouveau!PrécommanderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Income Tax (General) (2021 Reissue)Nouveau!Date de sortie: July 30, 2021320,00 $