Business Law in Ontario, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
A useful reference guide to use throughout your business career
This succinct, accessible text written in plain language, is ideal for business students in college and university, who are looking to gain an understanding of business law principles. This book also provides a handy guide for lawyers, law clerks and paralegals who need to know about business law. The book will help recognize and avoid legal risks that affect businesses and consumers on a daily basis.
Broken down into ten short chapters, for easy assimilation and to reflect a teaching term, Business Law in Ontario, 2nd Edition encapsulates the basic principles, with practical examples, and self-test questions to test the reader's understanding.
New In This Edition
- Revised commentary to help simplify understanding of the subject matter
- New material on pleadings and the litigation process
- Updated commentary on the Duty of Honest Performance and Vicarious Liability
- New section on Co-operative Corporations
- Revised chapters on Intellectual Property and Torts
Who Needs The Book?
- Business and law students – written by an experienced author and professor, this text is a valuable teaching tool structured to reflect the academic term
- Business owners and managers – written in plain language
- Practitioners – good resource to have on-hand as a primer for junior lawyers or refresher forsenior practitioners
- Law libraries & Public libraries – have a copy on your shelves for students, lawyers and business owners
Table des matières
Chapter 1: The Canadian Justice System and Business
Chapter 2: Business Organization Options
Chapter 3: Intellectual Property
Chapter 4: Contract Basics
Chapter 5: Contract Enforcement
Chapter 6: Consumer Protection Laws
Chapter 7: Torts
Chapter 8: Insurance
Chapter 9: Employment Law Issues
Chapter 10: Common, But Tricky Property and Financial Issues