Canadian Private Law
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Student-friendly and conducive to learning complex concepts quickly.
As the author states in the introduction, “Private Law …is a dynamic area of the law with new causes of action, or variations on old ones, emerging from Canadian courts with some regularity. "
This new text explores important private law concepts. Written by a seasoned professor, this book is intended for broad readership and designed to accompany legal study.
- Self Testing Questions – At the end of each chapter for the reader to test their knowledge of the subject matter
- Seminal Illustrative Case Law – Explains and simplifies key concepts to the reader and keeps them abreast of important judgments
- Comprehensive Introduction to Private Law – Each chapter is dedicated to an area of law providing a well-rounded approach to understanding the private law sphere
- Authoritative Author – is a professor of private law is knowledgeable and experienced in its fundamentals
- Written for Students – The author explains complex legal principles in accessible language perfect for any student or person seeking to understand private law concepts
Ideal reading for
- Students – Law students, undergraduates, or college students taking a private law course as reading material or for supplementary information
- Professors – As a teaching resource/aid to guide their private law classes
- Professionals – Seeking to understand the laws and principles that govern our private relationships
Table des matières
Chapter 1: Private law
Chapter 2: Torts – Negligence
Chapter 3: Torts – Intentional Wrongs and Strict Liability
Chapter 4: Defamation and Privacy
Chapter 5: Contract Basics
Chapter 6: Contract Enforcement
Chapter 7: Employment Law Issues
Chapter 8: Real and Personal Property Issues
Chapter 9: Intellectual Property
Chapter 10: Business Organization Options Affecting Lawsuits
Chapter 11: Family Law
Chapter 12: Insurance
Appendix – Case Extracts
Melnyk v. Melnyk, 2010 M.B.Q.B. 121.
Liu v. Hamptons Golf Course Ltd., 2017 A.B.C.A. 303.
Mustapha v. Culligan of Canada Ltd., 2008 S.C.C. 27.