Advertising and Marketing Law in Canada, 6th Edition
This new edition covers the latest hot topics in advertising and marketing law in Canada. With this guide as your reference, you can advise your clients and colleagues knowing that you have the “do’s and don’ts” at your fingertips.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
First published in 2004 and now in its sixth edition, Advertising and Marketing Law in Canada has become the "go-to" legal reference for advertising and marketing professionals. Each edition captures the latest changes to the law and discusses the pitfalls of common advertising and marketing practices.
Written in plain language by an experienced and creative team of advertising lawyers, this comprehensive resource sets out the ground rules and practical issues of Canadian advertising law, and includes:
- An explanation of the applicable legislation and regulatory codes for all provinces, territories and federally regulated sectors
- A review of the most popular marketing channels and techniques so you can evaluate possible strategies and tactics
- A discussion of common problem areas and potential risks so you can understand the limits associated with promoting certain products and services
- A wide range of real life examples to illustrate the practical aspects of both good and bad advertising
- Helpful day-to-day aids such as customizable checklists, lists of DOs and DON'Ts and descriptions of best practices
The 6th Edition discusses:
- Influencers and social media
- New food marketing restrictions to address child obesity issues
- Anticipated legislative changes pertaining to advertising to children
- Online behavioural advertising
- Federal and provincial rules for packaging, labelling and advertising cannabis products
- Changes to food advertising laws arising from the recently introduced Safe Food for Canadians Act and Regulations
- Advertising practices on social media platforms like Facebook that raise privacy concerns
- Security and information retention issues
- Changes to telemarketing laws
- The revised Ad Standards’ Advertising Dispute Procedure 2019
- Quebec loyalty programs
- and more!
Who Should Read This Book
- Advertising lawyers who want to provide their clients with up-to-date, practical advice
- In-house counsel who want to ensure they have the information they need to properly advise their companies about marketing and advertising programs
- Professionals at ad agencies and marketing firms who need to understand the legislative parameters that govern their clients' advertising campaigns
- Advertising and Marketing program students who need a plain language reference to have the basic understanding of the very complex compliance framework for the many industries advertising and marketing laws apply to
Table des matières
Chapter 1: Principles of Advertising and Marketing Law - Brenda Pritchard
Chapter 2: False or Misleading Advertising - Susan Vogt
Chapter 3: Substantiating Advertising Claims: What You Need and When You Need It - Brenda Pritchard
Chapter 4: Price and Credit Advertising - Brenda Pritchard, Daniel Cole and Melissa Tehrani
Chapter 5: Social Media - Daniel Cole
Chapter 6: Green Marketing - Christopher Oates
Chapter 7: Contests - Susan Vogt, Brenda Pritchard and Daniel Cole
Chapter 8: Advertising to Children - Melissa Tehrani
Chapter 9: Packaging and Labeling- Susan Vogt and Christopher Oates
Chapter 10: Drugs and Natural Health Products - Lewis Retik
Chapter 11: Cosmetics - Christopher Oates
Chapter 12: Food Advertising - Lewis Retik and Brian Fraser
Chapter 13: Alcohol and Automotive: Chris Oates
Automotive: Daniel Cole and John Leckie
Chapter 14: Trade-marks and Other I.P. Brand Protection Strategies - Susan Vogt, Eric Macramalla, Laurent Massam
Chapter 15: Advertising and Music Licensing - Susan Abramovitch, Shelagh Carnegie, and René Bissonnette
Chapter 16: Competition Law Issues - Ian MacDonald and Elad Gafni
Chapter 17: Talent Negotiation and Union Issues - Brenda Pritchard, Melissa Tehrani, William MacGregor, and René Bissonnette
Chapter 18: Privacy Law in Canada - Christopher Oates
Chapter 19: Uniquely Quebec Issues - André Rivest and Melissa Tehrani
Chapter 20: Canadiana Issues - Brenda Pritchard
Chapter 21: Misappropriation of Personality and Implied Endorsement - Brenda Pritchard
Chapter 22: Do they really like it? Misleading Product and Consumer Reviews and Use of Influencers - Brenda Pritchard
Nouveau!PrécommanderLa pension alimentaire pour enfants, 2e éditionNouveau!Date de sortie: February 29, 2024140,00 $
Juste représentation syndicale : Jurisprudence et commentairesDate de sortie: January 22, 202490,00 $
Nouveau!PrécommanderLe droit à l'égalité au Canada, 3e éditionNouveau!Date de sortie: March 29, 2024130,00 $