Notre site Web est configuré pour permettre l'utilisation des témoins. Pour de plus amples renseignements et pour modifier les paramètres cliquez ici. Si vous êtes satisfait(e) des témoins, veuillez cliquer sur « Accepter et continuer » ou continuer simplement à naviguer.
Ontario Municipal Act & Commentary, 2024 Edition
This guide incorporates the full text of the Municipal Act, 2001, and all the new and amended relevant regulations, along with handy tables of concordance.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Keep Abreast of Recent Key Changes from the Municipal Act, 2001, City of Toronto Act, 2006, and More!
The Authoritative Legal Guide to Ontario’s Municipal Act, 2001
For almost two decades, Ontario Municipal Act & Commentary has been the leading guide that municipalities and municipal law professionals regularly consult for understanding Ontario’s municipal law regime and keeping abreast of the latest developments of the law. This text incorporates the complete Municipal Act, 2001, and all the new and amended relevant regulations, along with a still useful table of concordance to the former Municipal Act and to the City of Toronto Act, 2006.
The indispensable commentary, written by leading municipal lawyers John Mascarin and Christopher Williams, provides a detailed analysis of the Municipal Act, 2001 to assist readers in understanding how the statute is to be interpreted and applied, as well as how it compares to the City of Toronto Act, 2006. All recent case law of note is commented upon, and all new and amended regulations are included.
What's New In This Edition
- Discussion of the newly enacted “strong mayor” powers for municipalities and the significant clawback of municipal powers and authorities via provincial legislation
- Inclusion of recent amendments to the Municipal Act, 2001, including entirely new Part VI.1 – Special Powers and Duties of the Head of Council
- Updated regulations, including O. Reg. 530/22 – Part VI.1 of the Act, O. Reg. 580/22 – Provincial Priorities
- Commentary on recent significant court decisions such as:
- Belleville (City) v. McDonald,  O.J. No. 4475, 2022 ONSC 5510, on a municipality’s broad authority to pass by-laws
- Stelmach Project Management Ltd. v. Kingston (City),  O.J. No. 3443, 2021 ONSC 4343 (S.C.J.); aff’d,  O.J. No. 4757, 2022 ONCA 741, that the general powers in Part II of the Municipal Act, 2001 co-exist with and are supplemented or restricted by the specific powers in Part III
- Strilchuck v. Tecumseh (Town),  O.J. No. 4700, 2022 ONSC 5841, confirming that it would be impossible of a municipality to require that it maintain all its sidewalks in perfect level
- Villeneuve v. North Stormont (Township),  O.J. No. 5166, 2022 ONSC 6551 (Div. Ct.), on the “power imbalance” between locally-elected representatives and members of administrative staff
A Vital Tool For
- Ontario municipal law practitioners
- Municipalities and their legal departments
- Ontario Municipal Administrators' Association (OMAA) members
Table des matières
List of Municipal Act Regulations Included in This Edition
Detailed Table of Contents
Table of Concordance (Municipal Act, 2001 to Municipal Act, Other Statutes and City of Toronto Act, 2006)
Municipal Act, 2001
Municipal Act, 2001 Regulations
Declaration of Office (Section 232 of the Municipal Act, 2001)
Declaration of Office Alternate Option for Indigenous Persons (Section 232 of the Municipal Act, 2001)
Memorandum of Understanding Between the Association of Municipalities of Ontario and the Province of Ontario (July 28, 2021)
Table of Regulations Continued Under the Municipal Act, 2001
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Maritime (2020 Reissue) / Municipal (2020 Reissue)Date de sortie: September 16, 2020330,00 $
A Comprehensive Guide to the City of Toronto Act, 2006Date de sortie: June 30, 2008145,00 $
Annotated Ontario Building Code Act, 2023 EditionDate de sortie: October 07, 2022145,00 $