Notre système de facturation fait présentement l'objet d'une mise à jour. En raison de cette mise à jour, veuillez noter que toutes les commandes passées après le 30 octobre seront traitées le 2 novembre.
Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
Ontario Insurance Law & Commentary, 2024 Edition
This concise guide to insurance law in Ontario is designed for insurance law practitioners, in-house counsel, insurance companies and professionals. The extensive commentary, developed by Michael S. Teitelbaum and edited and updated by Bevin Shores of Gowling WLG, provides an overview of the principles and key issues in liability, property and life insurance, plus an annotated review of key provisions of the Insurance Act.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
This concise guide to non-automobile-related insurance law in Ontario is designed for insurance law practitioners, in-house counsel, and insurance companies and professionals. The extensive commentary, developed by Michael S. Teitelbaum and edited and updated by Bevin Shores of Gowling WLG, provides an overview of the principles and key issues in liability, property and life insurance, plus an annotated review of key provisions of the Insurance Act.
This annually updated desktop reference includes these unique features:
- Expert overview commentary on key elements in the practice of liability, property and life insurance – gives you a better grasp of common issues in daily practice
- Expert review of key provisions of the Ontario Insurance Act – assists you in the proper interpretation of the key provisions
- Expert insights on recent developments and practice issues – keeps you up-to-date and informed
- Full text of the Insurance Act and key Regulations, and related legislation – provides ready access to the most current legislation
- Full text of pertinent Superintendent's Guidelines – keeps you on guard for operational protocols
Highlights of the 2024 Edition
- Updated and revised commentary
- Discussion of key recent decisions such as:
- Vale Canada Ltd. v. Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Co. of Canada on jurisdiction and forum in the context of an international coverage dispute
- EPCOR Electricity Distribution Ontario Inc. v. Municipal Electric Assn. Reciprocal Insurance Exchange on coverage questions concerning an insured’s participation in a judicial inquiry
- Demme v. Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada on the duty to defend intrusion upon seclusion claims under a commercial liability policy
- Lalani Properties International Inc. v. Intact Insurance Co. on the fortuity principle, the requirement for written policy terms, and estoppel
- SIR Corp. v. Aviva Insurance Co. of Canada, interpreting “direct physical loss or damage” in the context of a claim arising from pandemic-related government restrictions
Who Should Buy
- Insurance law practitioners including private, government, corporate and in-house counsel – who want to stay abreast of recent developments and practice issues
- Insurance companies including insurance brokers, adjusters and risk managers – who need to interpret and explain insurance policies
- Insurance professionals' institutes – who need to be a resource for members on current practice issues
- Large business corporations – who need an authoritative overview of the legislative framework and ready access to the legislation
- Academic institutions – who want to add a practitioner's discussion of insurance law to their resources
Table des matières
Commentary – Encapsulating, Annotating and Updating the Law of Insurance
Insurance Act Regulations
Superintendent's Guideline No. 08/04 –
Minimum Capital Test Guideline for Property and Casualty Insurance Companies
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario Act, 2016
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario Act, 2016 Regulations
Registered Insurance Brokers Act
Registered Insurance Brokers Act Regulations
Thema – Les procès criminels : Modes et procéduresDate de sortie: October 05, 202370,00 $
LegisPratique – Code de procédure civile annoté 2023-2024Date de sortie: September 29, 2023132,00 $
Code criminel et lois connexes annotés, édition 2024 (Volume 1) + Guide du praticien (Volume 2) + Livre électroniqueDate de sortie: August 10, 2023165,00 $