Notre système de facturation fait présentement l'objet d'une mise à jour. En raison de cette mise à jour, veuillez noter que toutes les commandes passées après le 30 octobre seront traitées le 2 novembre.
Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
Annotated Children and Family Services Act, 3rd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Annotated Children and Family Services Act, 3rd Edition annotates each substantive provision of Nova Scotia’s Children and Family Services Act. It reproduces the provisions of the Act, summarizes what they mean, provides authorities in the form of quotations from leading court decisions, offers commentary and discussion on evolving issues or controversial decisions from the Supreme Court of Canada and other appellate courts, and ends each topic with a brief concordance of Canada’s child protection statutes. The text provides separate chapters on Evidence in Child Protection Proceedings, Child Protection at the Supreme Court of Canada, and the Charter and Child Protection.
Features of This Book
- Topical index
- Relevant case law annotations
- A chapter dedicated to Supreme Court of Canada cases
- Cross-referencing of the applicable legislation across the country, with special insight into the similarities and differences between the provincial laws
- Chapters organized by topic, rather than following the order of the statute, which assists the reader in locating specific information
What’s New In This Edition
- Additional content and insight from new co-author, M. Ann Levangie
- A new chapter on First Nations, Inuit and Métis Children in light of the federal legislation, An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families
- New commentary on costs in child protection cases and the increase in judicial review in Family Law cases
- Discussion of important case law that has emerged since the previous edition published in 2017
Who Should Read This Book
Annotated Children and Family Services Act, 3rd Edition will be an invaluable resource for anyone involved in family law and child protection matters, including:
- Family law lawyers and non-specialist lawyers
- Family court judges
- Family mediators and child protection mediators
- Social workers
Table des matières
Chapter 1: Interpretation, Purposes, First Principles
Chapter 2: Powers, Jurisdiction, Voluntary Services
Chapter 3: One-Off Applications
Chapter 4: First Nations, Inuit and Métis Children
Chapter 5: Protection Proceedings
Chapter 6: Secure Treatment Orders
Chapter 7: Adoption
Chapter 8: Evidence in Child Protection Proceedings
Chapter 9: Child Protection at the Supreme Court of Canada
Chapter 10: The Charter of Rights and Child Protection