The Practitioner's Criminal Code, 2021 Edition – Student Edition + E-Book
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Click here for the professional edition of The Practitioner's Criminal Code, 2021 Edition + E-Book.
Practice Gold Standard Criminal Law on the Go – Incorporating Technology with Alan Gold's Unique Insights and Experience
Often known as the "Gold Code," this leading annotated Criminal Code stands out from the competition and is now the choice of the criminal bar across the country and continues to be well received by academia.
The five driving "practitioner-centric" principles behind the "Gold Code" have become a critical feature that criminal lawyers look for in choosing their only portable Criminal Code reference and courtroom companion in their daily use.
- Principle 1: Analysis, not just annotations
- Principle 2: Synthesis, not just summaries
- Principle 3: Case commentaries, not just summaries
- Principle 4: The point of the cases, not just the cases on point
- Principle 5: "Cases of note" rather than "cases of not"
The Gold Code offers noteworthy comments about interesting cases, and a clearer indication of contentious issues and possible arguments that lawyers have come to expect from any other annotated Criminal Code. Each annual edition is updated and enhanced with a careful review of all "cases of note," keeping only cases that continue to be of note and adding insights on the latest noteworthy developments.
Exclusive E-Book Functionality
And now combining technology and Alan Gold's insights on criminal law and procedure, the Gold Code includes a complimentary E-Book version that exclusively offers hyperlinks to full text cases and so you can just read the rule, tap a case and obtain it without additional charge (provided you are online). Plus you can read, bookmark, copy and email text, do key word searches and make highlights and notes. Plus, LexisNexis E-Books are optimized for all mobile devices.
Highlights of the 2021 Edition
- Cross-references to the newly published Practitioner’s Criminal Precedents, 6th Edition
- Offence Chart to include SOIRA Mandatory and Derivative offences
- Discussion of key recent cases including:
- R. v. K.J.M.  S.C.J. No. 55 (Young offenders and Jordan limits)
- R. v. K.G.K.  S.C.J. No. 7 (Verdict deliberation time)
- R. v. Friesen  S.C.J. No. 100 (Role of appeal courts; Sex offences against children)
- R. v. Rafilovich  S.C.J. No. 51 (Fine in lieu of forfeiture for legal fees)
- R. v. Javanmardi  S.C.J. No. 54 (Manslaughter)
- R. v. Goldfinch  S.C.J. No. 38 (Rape-shield law)
- R. v. Penunsi  S.C.J. No. 39 (Peace bonds and release)
- Denis v. Côté  S.C.J. No. 44 (Journalist privilege)
Student Edition: Softcover
Table des matières
Table of Cases
Glossary of Terms
Criminal Code Amendments
Criminal Code (Annotated)
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Annotated)
Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Annotated)
Youth Criminal Justice Act (Annotated)
Canada Evidence Act (Annotated)
DNA Identification Act
Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Act
Criminal Records Act
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Controlled Drugs and Cannabis (2021 Reissue) / Crown (2021 Reissue)Date de sortie: April 29, 2021320,00 $
A Practical Guide to the Charter: Section 11(b)Date de sortie: April 04, 2019115,00 $
A Practical Guide to the Charter: Section 10(b) + USBDate de sortie: August 24, 2020115,00 $