Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Mental Health (2019 Reissue) / Military (2019 Reissue) / Mines and Minerals (2019 Reissue)
Détails des produits
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $315 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
D'Arcy J. Hiltz, B.A., LL.B., Anita Szigeti, LL.B. & Ruby Dhand, B.A., M.A., LL.B., LL.M., Ph.D.
Society's growing recognition of mental health issues is an important development for Canadian lawyers, who are increasingly called upon to advise clients on the implications of those issues, including questions of capacity, consent, and guardianship. Contributed by several of Canada's leading authorities in this area of the law, Halsbury's Mental Health (2019 Reissue) title provides a truly national explanation of Canada's civil mental health system, and is an ideal reference for every lawyer seeking a clear and accessible understanding of its legislative and judicial underpinnings.
Key topics covered include:
- Implications and impact of the Charter of Rights
- Legal capacity and consent to treatment and refusal
- Substitute decision-making
- Voluntary and involuntary psychiatric admission
- Patient rights and safeguards
- Managing property and personal care
- Community treatment
- Statutory guardianship, committees and powers of attorney
Nada Khirdaji, B.A. (Hons.), M.A., LL.B. & The Judge Advocate General for the Canadian Forces
With Canada's armed forces at their most active level since the Korean War, this valuable title is a timely and comprehensive summary of the law that governs military operations and military personnel. From a concise discussion of the organization of the Forces to issues of deployment, human resource management and military justice, the Halsbury’s Military (2019 Reissue) title is carefully designed to serve as the definitive first reference for anyone researching this specialized subject.
Topics covered include:
- The statutory and regulatory framework that authorizes and limit military operations
- Organization of the Canadian Forces, and the role of elected and appointed officials
- Limitation or exclusion of Crown liability for military actions
- Operational commands
- Qualifications and requirements for enrolment in the Forces
- Remuneration, pensions and additional benefits
- Promotion, discharge and grievances
- Deployment of Forces both internationally and within Canada
- Code of military discipline, courts martial, the appeals process, and the role of military police
MINES AND MINERALS
Barry Barton, B.A., LL.B., LL.M., Catherine Morin, B.Mus. (Hons.), LL.B.
Mining is one of Canada's most important economic sectors, contributing over $32 billion to the gross domestic product (GDP), employing over 300,000 workers and accounting for 19% of Canadian goods exports. Halsbury's Mines and Minerals (2019 Reissue) title elegantly and succinctly summarizes the law governing mineral rights and mining operations in Canada for anyone seeking a basic grounding in the area.
Topics covered include:
- Ownership of mineral rights by the Crown, private individuals and aboriginal peoples
- Prospecting, staking claims, and acquiring rights
- Mining leases and agreements between owners and operators
- Surface rights
- Compensation for injury, expropriation and right of entry orders
- Transfer, abandonment and forfeiture of mineral rights
- Commencement, ongoing conduct and closure of mining operations
- Rehabilitation of mining lands
- Tortious conduct, liens and actions in relation to mining
Table des matières
- Consent and Capacity
- Administration of Property
- Adjudicative Proceedings
- Psychiatric Assessments and Admission Procedures
- Defence Organizations
- Service in Canadian Forces
- Deployment of Armed Forces
- Code of Service Discipline
MINES AND MINERALS
- Overview of Mining in Canada
- Mineral Rights and Ownership
- Transfer, Abandonment and Forfeiture of Claims and Rights
- Actions and Disputes in Regards to Mining
- Surface Rights in Relation to Mineral Rights
- Placer Mining
- Mineral Agreements
- Operation and Closure of Mines
Nouveau!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Holidays (2021 Reissue) / Hospitality (2021 Reissue) / Hunting and Fishing (2021 Reissue)Nouveau!Date de sortie: January 29, 2021320,00 $
A Guide to Consent & Capacity Law in Ontario, 2021 EditionDate de sortie: July 29, 2020105,00 $
A Guide to Mental Disorder Law in Canadian Criminal JusticeDate de sortie: August 28, 2020165,00 $