Competition Act: Commentary and Annotation, 2021 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Developments in competition law continue to be a critical aspect of the Canadian legal landscape for any business that operates in Canada.
This annual publication annotates each substantive provision of the Competition Act, with synopsis of key applicable cases and expert analysis and insights of Brian A. Facey and Cassandra Brown, both Partners with the Competition, Antitrust & Foreign Investment group at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP. Along with a detailed Year-In-Review in the Preface, this annual publication also contains the full text of the Act and related legislation and key Competition Bureau Guidelines, making it a valuable resource for corporate counsel, legal practitioners in private practice and business executives.
Features and Benefits
- Preface – Keep abreast of latest legislative and jurisprudential developments, Competition Tribunal initiatives and major merger activities
- Annotations of every substantive Competition Act provision – Benefit from expert interpretation of key provisions, terms and landmark cases
- Extensive commentary – Understand principles, evolution and practices of competition law
- Full text of legislation and key practice materials – Have ready access to the full text of up-to-date legislation and key practice materials
Highlights of 2021 Edition
- Preface updating recent initiatives and activities of the Competition Bureau, and anticipated developments in 2021
- Recent amendments to the Competition Act up to S.C. 2020, c. 1, s. 22
- Revised Competition Bureau Fee And Service Standards Handbook For Written Opinions (Issued April 7, 2020)
- Revised Competitor Collaboration Guidelines Enforcement Guidelines (July 29, 2020)
Who Should Buy
- Corporate/commercial lawyers advising on mergers and the running of a business, including pricing, advertising and marketing practices
- In-house counsel who need to advise on the legal boundaries of trade practices, both in Canada and internationally
- Business executives who monitor the pricing, advertising and marketing practices of the corporation
An Essential Resource
When it comes to advising on advertising and trade practices, or ensuring compliance with competition legislation, regulations and guidelines, make sure you have this reference at hand!
Table des matières
Table of Contents
Annotated Competition Act
Legislation, Guidelines and Policies
Competition Act Regulation – Notifiable Transactions Regulations (SOR/87-348)
Competition Bureau Interpretation Guidelines Procedures Guide for Notiﬁable Transactions and Advance Ruling Certiﬁcates under the Competition Act
Pre-merger Notiﬁcation Interpretation Guidelines No. 1-16
Hostile Transactions Interpretation Guidelines No. 1-2
Competition Bureau Fees and Service Standards Handbook for Mergers and Merger-Related Matters .
Competition Bureau Fee and Service Standards Handbook for Written Opinions
Competition Bureau Fees and Service Standards Policy for Mergers and Merger-Related Matters
Merger Enforcement Guidelines
Merger Review Process Guidelines
Immunity and Leniency Programs under the Competition Act
Enforcement Guidelines on the Abuse of Dominance Provisions .
Price Maintenance Enforcement Guidelines
Information Bulletin on the Communication of Conﬁdential Information under the Competition Act
Intellectual Property Enforcement Guidelines
Competitor Collaboration Guidelines
Competition Tribunal Act
Competition Tribunal Rules
Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement
Competition Tribunal Practice Direction Regarding Mediation
Competition and Antitrust Laws in Canada: Mergers, Joint Ventures and Competitor Collaborations, 3rd EditionDate de sortie: November 19, 2020240,00 $
Competition and Antitrust Law – Canada and the United States, 5th EditionDate de sortie: November 21, 2019335,00 $
Competition and Antitrust Law – Canada and the United States, 5th Edition, Student EditionDate de sortie: November 21, 2019135,00 $