Notre site Web est configuré pour permettre l'utilisation des témoins. Pour de plus amples renseignements et pour modifier les paramètres cliquez ici. Si vous êtes satisfait(e) des témoins, veuillez cliquer sur « Accepter et continuer » ou continuer simplement à naviguer.
Trademarks Act & Commentary, 2023 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Trademarks Practice after CUSMA
The 2023 Edition of this trademark law desktop reference for IP practitioners, agents and clerks brings together the full text of the up-to-date Trademarks Act and Regulations, selected provisions of other governing legislation and other practice-related materials. The year in review and introductory commentary, prepared by Sanjukta Tole and Nathan Fan, fully update you on legislative, jurisprudential and practice developments.
Features and Benefits
- Introductory commentary – Gain an overview of both the legislative and operative frameworks for trademark practice in Canada
- Year in review – Discover major recent developments and their implications on trademark practice
- Full text of key legislation and pertinent materials – Locate all essential trademark information and data with no need to search elsewhere
- Practice notices – Follow current Trademarks Office and Trademarks Opposition Board Practice Notices and keep abreast of latest changes
- The Trademarks Examination Manual
- Madrid Examination and Procedures Manual
- Full text of the Olympic and Paralympic Marks Act
- Full text of the College of Patents and Trademark Agents Act
- Relevant sections of the Competition Act and Criminal Code
- Tariff of fees
- Table of concordance comparing the Trademarks Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. T-13 to the Trademarks Act, R.S.C. 1970, c. T-1
New Edition Highlights
- The 2023 Edition features an overview of recent amendments to the Trademarks Act to align with CUSMA (in force July 1, 2020) and to establish the regulatory body for patent and trademark agents under the College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents Act, S.C. 2018. C. 27, s.247 (in force June 28, 2021)
- 2022 Year In Review, noting key developments and recent decisions pertaining to:
- Registrability and validity pertaining to bad faith
- Distinctiveness and descriptiveness
- Counterfeits and look-a-like goods
- Trademark opposition practice and appeals
- All new or recently issued Trademarks Office Practice Notices and Trademark Opposition Board Practice Notices
Who Uses This Consolidation?
- Intellectual property lawyers who need to stay abreast of the latest developments in trademarks
- Trademark agents/clerks who must have instant access to pertinent legislation and related material for completing trademark applications and processing claims
- Intellectual property trainees/students who need an overview of trademark law and practice
- Large business corporations and in-house counsel who need to protect their own trademarks
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office, Industry Canada and the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada who must have instant access to key legislation and material in delivering current programs and services
Table des matières
Year in Review
Table of Concordance
Trademarks Regulations, SOR/2018-227
Trademarks Examination Manual
Madrid Examination and Procedures Manual
Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property
Selected Provisions of the Competition Act
Selected Provisions of the Criminal Code
Olympic and Paralympic Marks Act & Regulations
Membership List of the World Trade Organization