Notre site Web est configuré pour permettre l'utilisation des témoins. Pour de plus amples renseignements et pour modifier les paramètres cliquez ici. Si vous êtes satisfait(e) des témoins, veuillez cliquer sur « Accepter et continuer » ou continuer simplement à naviguer.
Sopinka, Gelowitz and Rankin on the Conduct of an Appeal, 5th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
This authoritative treatise on appellate practice has been in print for nearly 30 years and is a reference source frequently used by civil litigation lawyers and courts across Canada. The book has been cited with approval by judges in almost all of Canada's appellate courts, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
First authored by former Supreme Court of Canada Justice John Sopinka and veteran litigator Mark Gelowitz, Sopinka, Gelowitz and Rankin on the Conduct of an Appeal, 5th Edition includes co-author W. David Rankin. Ideal for both novice and seasoned litigators, this book helps practitioners avoid costly procedural errors when launching an appeal, and gives them valuable guidance on the procedural and jurisdictional aspects of preparing and presenting appeals. In addition to providing practical guidance, the authors comment on the evolving landscape of appellate powers and jurisdiction.
Features of This Book
- Provides comprehensive, in-depth coverage of appellate practice in Canada
- Contains expert discussion on all aspects of appellate law and practice
- Delivers professional guidance on how to prepare a proper record for appeal
- Clarifies grounds for appeal in criminal cases
- Covers both civil and criminal appeals, as well as practices in provincial appellate courts, the Federal Courts, and the Supreme Court of Canada
- Contains commentary on developments in appellate practice
What’s New In This Edition
- Updated case law, rules, and practices applicable to appellate courts of all levels since the fourth edition published in 2018
- Discussion of the Supreme Court of Canada fundamentally altering the standard of review analysis as it applies to administrative appeals
- Recent amendments to the applicable procedural rules of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Addresses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the practice before appellate courts, such as improved facilities for electronic filing of appeal materials in some jurisdictions
Who Should Read This Book
- Litigators – A comprehensive reference source for every major aspect of appellate practice
- Judges – Clarifies complex procedural and jurisdictional issues
- Law libraries – Completes a reference collection on litigation and appellate practice
Table des matières
PART 1 – APPEALS IN CIVIL MATTERS
CHAPTER 1: APPELLATE JURISDICTION IN CIVIL MATTERS
CHAPTER 2: APPELLATE POWERS IN CIVIL MATTERS
PART 2 – APPEALS IN CRIMINAL MATTERS
CHAPTER 3: APPELLATE JURISDICTION IN CRIMINAL MATTERS
CHAPTER 4: APPELLATE POWERS IN CRIMINAL MATTERS
PART 3 – APPELLATE PROCEDURES
CHAPTER 5: PROCEDURE IN ONTARIO’S APPELLATE COURTS
CHAPTER 6: PROCEDURE IN THE FEDERAL COURTS OF CANADA
CHAPTER 7: PROCEDURE IN THE SUPREME COURT OF CANADA
CHAPTER 8: INTERVENTION ON APPEAL
CHAPTER 9: PREPARING FOR AN PRESENTING THE ARGUMENT
TABLE OF CASES
Nouveau!PrécommanderCivil Procedure and Practice in Alberta, 2023 EditionNouveau!Date de sortie: July 31, 2023215,00 $
Nouveau!PrécommanderAlberta Litigator's Pocket Reference, 2023/2024 EditionNouveau!Date de sortie: July 31, 2023110,00 $
Sale of a Business, 14th Edition + USBDate de sortie: December 16, 2022180,00 $