Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Personal Property and Secured Transactions (2021 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $320 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
The law relating to personal property has been of central importance to lawyers in all fields of practice, since well before the King's Bench in 1722 famously proclaimed the principle of "finders, keepers". That is never more true than today, with the personal property security regimes in each jurisdiction providing comprehensive rules to govern the rights of creditors and debtors when personal property is used as collateral to secure the payment of a debt.
This valuable volume delivers a national, organized summary of the legislation and case law which are relevant to the common law field of personal property law and to the creation, perfection and enforcement of security in personal property. Designed for legal professionals who do not specialize in issues of personal property security, this accessible volume comprehensively deals with the key aspects of secured transactions under legislation in Canada's common law jurisdictions. Topics covered in this essential reference include:
- Choses in possession and choses in action
- Personal property interests
- Security interests
- Transfer and alienation of personal property interests
- Infringements on personal property interests
- Replevin and recaption
Personal property security
- Legislative framework
- Jurisdictional and constitutional issues
- Development of the personal property security acts and U.S. law
- Security interests
- Form and content of security agreements
- Transactions excluded from the Personal Property Security Act
- Purchase money security interest
- Creation of the security interest
- Form issues
- Effect as against third parties
- Perfecting the security interest
- Methods and continuity of perfection
- The registry system, including the financing statement and financing change statement
- Effect of possession
- Temporary perfection
- Perfection by attachment or control
- Proceeds and tracing
- Secured and unsecured parties
- Transferees, buyers and lessees
- Knowledge and good faith
- Residual priority, including tacking and registration after lapse
- Default and remedies
- Statutory and contract remedies
- Proceeding against land collateral as well as personal property collateral
- Receivers and managers
- Collection of accounts payments and under chattel paper
- Control of investment property
- Seizure of collateral, including obligations while in possession
- Sale and foreclosure
- Rights of redemption and reinstatement
- Consumer goods
- Monetary remedies
- Court variance
- Non-compliance with the Personal Property Security Act
- Conflict rules
- Federal security framework
- Bank Act
- Other federal legislation
And much more.
Table des matières
I. Personal Property
II. Background to the Personal Property Security Act
III. The Security Interest: Definitions, Form and Content Issues
IV. Creation of the Security Interest: Attachment
V. Perfection of the Security Interest
VI. Proceeds and Tracing
VII. The Security Interest in Competition with Non-Security Interests
VIII. Priority Rules
IX. Default and Remedies
X. Conflict Rules
XI. Federal Security Regimes