Notre site Web est configuré pour permettre l'utilisation des témoins. Pour de plus amples renseignements et pour modifier les paramètres cliquez ici. Si vous êtes satisfait(e) des témoins, veuillez cliquer sur « Accepter et continuer » ou continuer simplement à naviguer.
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Media and Postal Communications (2021 Reissue) / Medicine and Health (2021 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Begin updating your law library today!
$148* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $330 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
MEDIA AND POSTAL COMMUNICATIONS
Jay Brecher, B.A., LL.B.
In stark contrast to the telecommunications industry in Canada, which is highly regulated, the newspaper media is almost entirely unregulated. Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Media and Postal Communications (2021 Reissue) examines the communication laws affecting the print newspaper industry, as well as the regulation of the delivery of communications through the postal system.
Topics covered include:
- The regulatory framework for newspapers
- Press Councils and initiatives to support the journalism industry
- Governance of Canada Post Corporation
- Mandate, liability and powers of the post office
- Postal-related offences and penalties
MEDICINE AND HEALTH
Michelle Moldofsky, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
For lawyers, the issues that surround the medical system can have an impact that extends far beyond the hospital or doctor's office. Whether in a professional or personal capacity, the healthcare system affects virtually all professionals and their clients. Malpractice, professional misconduct, fertility treatments, informed consent, the confidentiality of health records and living wills are all topics that clients may bring to their lawyer.
When questions arise, out of a file or as part of general client interaction, the prudent lawyer can turn with confidence to Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Medicine and Health (2021 Reissue). This comprehensive national narrative of the law relating to health and medical care in Canada provides a concise statement of the legislation and judicial rulings that govern this crucial area of universal concern.
Among the topics covered are:
- The framework for health care in Canada
- Constitutional division of powers
- Canada Health Act funding and issues
- Insured services, user charges and extra billing
- Provincial health insurance programs
- Physician eligibility, remuneration and access to private insurance
- The licensing and regulation of health professionals
- Controlled or reserved acts
- Registration, practice entry and quality assurance
- Complaints, investigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Consent to treatment
- Common law issues and relevant legislation
- Right to consent to or refuse treatment
- Forms and elements of valid consent
- Children and adults with disabilities
- Health records and health information
- Right to privacy and confidentiality in criminal and civil contexts
- Duties of health care providers and provincial and federal requirements
- Collection, use and disclosure of health information
- Governance of public hospitals
- Hospital privileges
- Quality of care and patient safety
- Regulation of private hospitals
- Malpractice and liability issues
- Intentional torts
- Institutional liability
- Health professionals and negligence
- Fertility and reproduction
- Sterilization, forcible confinement and/or treatment of pregnant women
- Assisted human reproduction
- Processing and distribution of semen and ova for assisted conception
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Naturopathy, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine
- Massage therapy, chiropractic, midwifery, osteopathy
- Protective legislation for physicians
- Medical marijuana as an alternative therapy
- Refusing life-sustaining treatment
- Common law and statutory requirements
- Withholding or withdrawing treatment
- Palliative care
- Criminal law issues
- Tissue donations
Table des matières
MEDIA AND POSTAL COMMUNICATIONS
II. Postal Communications
MEDICINE AND HEALTH
I. Health Care in Canada
II. Licensing and Regulation of Health Professionals
III. Consent to Treatment
IV. Medical Records
VI. Liability and Malpractice
VII. Fertility and Reproduction
VIII. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
IX. Death and Dying
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Social Assistance (2023 Reissue)Date de sortie: January 24, 2023330,00 $
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Judges and Courts (2022 Reissue)Date de sortie: July 21, 2022330,00 $
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Civil Procedure (2021 Reissue)Date de sortie: July 30, 2021330,00 $