Notre système de facturation fait présentement l'objet d'une mise à jour. En raison de cette mise à jour, veuillez noter que toutes les commandes passées après le 30 octobre seront traitées le 2 novembre.
Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
Annotated Ontario Building Code Act, 2024 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Endorsed by the Ontario Building Officials Association – Members receive a 10% discount.
To order please contact Customer Service at 1-800-387-0899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The legal reference you need for the BCA
Well-received and highly recommended by building officials and construction practitioners, Annotated Ontario Building Code Act, 2024 Edition is the only legal source you need for the Building Code Act, 1992 and the 2012 Ontario Building Code. With section-by-section commentary on the statute and numerous user-friendly and time-saving features, this comprehensive reference will noticeably speed up your research. Coverage includes unreported cases, giving you the full information that you need.
Practical advice and valuable insights are offered by Jeffrey L. Levitt and John Mascarin, leading experts in the field of building and construction legislation who have variously advised and represented the province, municipalities, building practitioners and consultants with respect to the legislation.
Features and Benefits
This unique resource allows you to gain a thorough grasp of this complex statute by providing you with:
- Full text of the statute – as amended and consolidated
- Overview commentary – outline of objectives and features of the legislation
- Section-by-section commentary – a practical and succinct analysis of each provision of this complex statute, including all recent amendments
- Case law annotations – specific, concise, and to the point summaries of all relevant case law under the statute
- Coverage of unreported cases – access to judgments and decisions not readily available elsewhere
- Tables of concordance – comparisons of the provisions of the current Act and the 2012 Ontario Building Code to their predecessors
- Legislative histories – a complete and detailed history of each section of the Act from its legislative origin
- History of building regulation in Ontario – understand the context and evolution of the statute
Considerable Time-Saving Features
- Sub-headed annotations – functional and time-saving research by topic
- Comprehensive bibliography – all secondary sources in one place
- Detailed cross-references – to the 2012 Ontario Building Code
- Subject index – locate relevant information quickly
Highlights of the 2024 Edition
- Significant new court decisions such as:
- Breen v. Lake of Bays (Township),  O.J. No. 3862,  I.L.R. para. G 2890 (C.A.) on the Court of Appeal’s formulation of the regulatory regime of the Building Code Act, 1992, and on closing building permit files without final inspections
- 1672736 Ontario Inc. v. Mississauga (City) Chief Building Official,  O.J. No. 4777 (S.C.J.) and Taylor v. Vancouver (City),  B.C.J. No. 1605 (S.C.), on the proper role of administrative policies in a building department’s operations
- Windsor (City) v. Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 543 (De Simone Grievance),  O.L.A.A. No. 359, 221 L.A.C. (4th) 208, 111 C.L.A.S. 285 (O.L.L.A.) on conflict of interest arising from outside architectural building design activities of building inspectors
- Clark v. Kelowna (City),  B.C.J. No. 98 0, 197 B.C.A.C. 138, 50 M.P.L.R. (3d) 263 (C.A.) on whether statutory declarations given by applicants for building permits bind subsequent owners of the property as covenants, and whether authorization under a building permit to construct additional living facilities, such as summer kitchens or facilities for extended family, amounts to permission to use them as rental units
- Portman v. Midwest Property Management, 2022 CanLII 69462 (N T H R A P) on the relationship between Building Codes and Human Rights Codes
- Newly revised annotation headings for s.12 (Inspection of Buildings and Building Sites) of the Building Code Act, 1992
A Day-to-Day Reference For
- Municipal lawyers who must interpret and apply the legislation in order to advise building officials and inspectors, builders and developers
- Construction lawyers and professional consultants who advise builders and renovators about the construction process
- Municipal building officials and inspectors who need a precise understanding of the statute in order to enforce it
- Builders, architects, engineers and designers who construct or design buildings subject to the statute
Table des matières
Table of Cases
Table of Concordance
Building Code Act, 1992
Section-by-Section Commentary and Annotations
Construction and Demolition
Maintenance Inspection Programs
Powers and Duties of Registered Code Agencies
General Powers of Inspection and Enforcement
Dispute Resolution Reviews and Appeals
Authorizations and Rulings
2012 Ontario Building Code
General Case Law Annotations
Bibliography of Secondary Sources