Notre site Web est configuré pour permettre l'utilisation des témoins. Pour de plus amples renseignements et pour modifier les paramètres cliquez ici. Si vous êtes satisfait(e) des témoins, veuillez cliquer sur « Accepter et continuer » ou continuer simplement à naviguer.
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Patents, Trade Secrets and Industrial Designs (2020 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Begin updating your law library today!
$148* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $330 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
In the age of information, the ability to protect a client's rights in intellectual property can be as important as the creation of that property itself. Like a right without a remedy, a proprietary asset without legal recognition may be no asset at all. So, while patent applications or industrial design issues may be best left to intellectual property specialists, a sound appreciation of the law and the issues shouldn't be.
Newly revised and thoroughly updated, Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Patents, Trade Secrets and Industrial Designs (2020 Reissue) is the ideal source for authoritative commentary on this always important subject. Authored by two of Canada's leading intellectual property experts, it clearly delineates the law governing patents of invention in Canada, as codified by the Patent Act, as well as the law pertaining to trade secrets and industrial design.
Topics covered include:
Patents of Invention
- The legislative framework
- Patent Act, Competition Act and international conventions
- Patentable subject matter
- Art, process, novelty, utility, obviousness and improvements
- Exemptions and exclusions
- Double patenting
- Foreign patents
- Specification and Claims
- Construction of claims
- Biological material
- Patent validity
- Categories of infringement
- Imports and exports
- Actions for infringement
- Defences and exemptions
- Actions for impeachment
- Patent applications
- Persons entitled to apply
- Contents, format and publication
- Withdrawal, abandonment and reinstatement
- International applications
- Reissue, disclaimer, re-examination and dedication
- Judicial review of Commissioner's decisions
- Patent ownership, assignment and licensing
- Patented medicines
- Patented Medicines Prices Review Board
- Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations
- Supplementary Protection - Medicinal Ingredients
- Obligations of directors, officers and former employees
- Actions to restrain misuse
- Relationship with trademarks, patents and copyright
- International applications and registrations
- Registrable designs
- Application for industrial design
- General requirements and contents of application
- Filing date and priority
- Availability to public
- Reviews and appeals
Table des matières
I. Patents of Invention
1. Applicable Law
4. Specification and Claims
8. Application for Patent
9. Reissue, Disclaimer, Re-Examination and Dedication
10. Judicial Review of Commissioner's Decision
11. Ownership and Licence
13. Patented Medicines
II. Trade Secrets
4. Actions to Restrain Misuse
III. Industrial Designs
2. Registrable Designs
5. Ownership and Licence