Canadian Employment Benefits and Pension Guide
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Canadian Employment Benefits and Pension Guide is designed to be a thorough, practical reference that saves you time when you need information. With this Guide, you'll have the most comprehensive library available for employment benefits and pensions information in Canada. The Guide thoroughly describes the types of plans available and includes design criteria and plan registration requirements that you can use to implement a pension plan for your employees. Its conveniently organized information also helps you with the day-to-day administration of a plan.
This unique publication includes all the information you need in one convenient-to-access source. Updated monthly, the Guide is an indispensable addition to your HR library.
Your subscription also includes a monthly newsletter, the Canadian Employment Benefits and Pension Guide Newsletter.
Recent Topics of Interest:
- New plan types, including Target Benefit Plans, Jointly Sponsored Pension Plans, and Shared Risk Plans
- Prescribed conditions for Pooled Registered Pension Plans
- Leaves related to a critically ill child and the death or disappearance of a child
- Old Age Security application requirements
- Estate planning strategies for employees
- Spousal entitlement to pre-retirement death benefits in Ontario
- Monthly content updates, including:
- New and revised commentary;
- Timely incorporation of amendments to legislation; and
- Coverage of important case decisions.
- Over 130 pension charts provide a quick information reference on topics such as vesting, portability, and surplus withdrawal.
- Detailed commentary offers both planning and operating guidance, helping you to develop and administer benefit and pension plans.
- The Guide's commentary also provides:
- Coverage of employee benefits, including executive and incentive compensation, group insurance, workers compensation, and unemployment benefits;
- Explanations of tax issues, with relevant CRA Information Bulletins and Circulars; and
- Guidance on pre-retirement counselling for employees.
- Relevant forms for each jurisdiction are conveniently located in their own separate Government and Agency Documents section.
- Recent cases include full-text judgments where available.
Annual subscription. Updated monthly.
Table of contents
Government Sponsored Pension Plans
Employer Plans – Standards Legislation
How to Set Up a Plan
Tax Issues – Employer Sponsored Plans
Registered Retirement Savings Plans
Executive and Incentive Compensation
Flexible Benefits and Work Practices
Government and Agency Documents