Ontario Employment Law Handbook – An Employer's Guide, 13th Edition
This new edition provides up-to-date current information, enabling employers, practitioners, human resource specialists and employees to stay on top of the latest developments in the law, and arms you with critical knowledge to help reduce exposure to legal liability.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
How to Avoid Day-to-Day Legal Problems
New employment law cases are released every day. The government also remains active with new legislation and the law continues to change at a rapid pace. The new edition of this handbook provides up-to-date, current information, enabling employers, practitioners, human resource specialists and employees to stay on top of the latest developments in the law.
The Ontario Employment Law Handbook, 13th Edition arms you with critical knowledge to help reduce exposure to legal liability in key areas:
- Minimum employment standards
- Human rights
- Health and safety issues
- Negotiating with unions
Commentary and analysis cover a range of employment issues in Ontario, from termination procedures to employee benefits to parental leave, including common law and statutory requirements affecting both employers and employees. Whether you operate in a union, non-union, or mixed environment, you'll learn important ways to improve the employment relationship.
What's New In This Edition
- Reflects recent changes to the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and the Labour Relations Act
- Updates to Statutory Leave Entitlements
- Updated to account for changes related to infectious disease emergency leave in response to COVID-19
- Discussion of cannabis in the workplace following the legalization of marijuana
- Significant updates concerning the relationship between the employee and the union, with respect to mediation, interest arbitration, conciliation and in situations where no collective agreement is reached
- New discussion on common privacy issues in the workplace, including topics such as surveillance and monitoring, drug and alcohol testing and data breach notification
A Practical Handbook for:
- Human resources professionals seeking an overview of areas of employment law where they must make decisions to minimize liability
- Employment lawyers and in-house counsel who need a quick review of employment law issues to avoid claims
- Human resources instructors and students looking for a thorough overview of key principles rather than an academic treatise
- Owners and managers of workplaces that do not have a human resources specialist
- Union business managers for use in collective agreement negotiations and when grievances arise
Table of contents
Chapter 1: The Employment Standards Act, 2000
Chapter 2: Further Minimum Terms of Employment
Chapter 3: The Occupational Health and Safety Act
Chapter 4: Pay Equity
Chapter 5: Employment Contracts and Termination of Non-Union Employees
Chapter 6: The Arrival of a Trade Union
Chapter 7: The Relationship with a Union
Chapter 8: The Collective Agreement
Chapter 9: Privacy Law
New!PreorderThe Practitioner's Ontario Criminal Practice, 2023 Edition + E-BookNew!Release date: April 30, 2023$135.00
New!PreorderInsider Trading in Canada – A Practical Guide to the Law, 3rd EditionNew!Release date: February 28, 2023$140.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Social Assistance (2023 Reissue)New!Release date: January 24, 2023$330.00