Wrongful Dismissal Practice Manual, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Wrongful Dismissal Practice Manual is designed to be a must-have reference tool as well as a practical starting point for research in the practice of labour and employment law. It emphasizes both practical points and developments in case law.
- The doctrine's scope and the employment relationship
- Termination of employment - express termination, notice requirements, resignation
- What does and does not constitute constructive dismissal
- What does and does not constitute "just cause"
- Enforceability of standard form contracts and employers' policies, termination agreements and severance packages
- Damages and remedies: treatment of benefits, availability and quantification of aggravated and punitive damages
- Employment standards provisions
Features You Have Come to Expect
You'll find this Manual is both a starting point for research and a must-have guide to practice issues:
- Comprehensive Coverage - includes coverage of substantive and procedural issues, case law, the applicable legislation and now, with the addition of LexisNexis® Quicklaw® citations, the means to do further case law research.
- Practice Tools such as:
- Charts of reasonable notice periods for a range of jobs
- Precedents for: warning letters, termination notices, statements of claim and defence
- Practice points including limitation periods, what to include in pleadings and calculation of interest
- Format - The looseleaf format combined with regular releases ensures that you are kept appraised of the current and evolving state of the law
- Authoritative - Provides you with expert guidance you can rely on with confidence
Billing Method: Annual Subscription
Table of contents
Chapter 1: The Doctrine's Scope and the Employment Relationship
Chapter 2: Termination of Employment
Chapter 3: Constructive Dismissal
Chapter 4: Just Cause
Chapter 5: Other Defences
Chapter 6: Express and Written Agreements
Chapter 7: Reasonable Notice
Chapter 8: Reasonable Notice Award Summaries
Chapter 9: Damages and Remedies
Chapter 10: Mitigation and Deductions from Award
Chapter 11: Practice Points
Chapter 12: Related Actions
Chapter 13: Statutes and Regulations
Chapter 14: Termination Documents and Precedents