Volunteer Administration: Professional Practice, 4th Edition
This is the only book that addresses the full body of knowledge required by professional administration and management of volunteers. This text has been revised to provide readers with a solid foundation, the most up-to-date information, and best practices for managing volunteers.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
If your organization engages volunteers, you already know the importance and value of what volunteers contribute a successful operation. Effectively managing, administering and deploying your volunteers can help you achieve your organization's mandate. Volunteer Administration: Professional Practice, 4th Edition is the only book that addresses the full body of knowledge required by professional administration and management of volunteers.
Now in its Fourth Edition, this text has been revised to provide readers with a solid foundation, the most up-to-date information, and best practices for managing volunteers. Whether you run an all-volunteer group, not-for-profit, or public sector agency, you will find in this practice-oriented book, a comprehensive foundation for effective volunteer engagement.
Features of This Book
- Introduces and helps to implement the best volunteer management competencies
- Examines many elements of the recently updated competency framework for volunteer management and administration:
- Plan for Strategic Volunteer Engagement
- Advocate for Volunteer Involvement
- Attract and Onboard a Volunteer Workforce
- Prepare Volunteers for their Roles
- Document Volunteer Involvement
- Manage Volunteer Performance and Impact
- Acknowledge, Celebrate and Sustain Volunteer Involvement
- Provides a solid theoretical framework and professional context on how to properly support volunteer engagement
- Supported by research, statistics, and perspectives from the leading lecturers, practitioners and academics in this field
- Provides proven approaches to practice from leading professionals in the field of volunteer administration
- Case studies provide practical examples which apply volunteer management and administration principles, and include discussion questions to test the reader's understanding
New in This Edition
- A brand-new chapter on the role of diversity and inclusion in volunteer administration
- Completely re-written chapters on: Strategic Volunteer Engagement; Operational Planning and Management; Recruitment, Screening and Management; Financial Management; and the Introduction to the Profession of Volunteer Management
- Significant updates to the chapters which discuss:
- Ethical Decision Making (including new coverage of the new five core values and related principles for volunteer administration)
- Data Management (including new discussion on Net Volunteering, Special Considerations for Computer Systems and Technology-Guided Volunteer Management)
- Evaluation and Outcome Measurement (including new examination of the future of evaluation in volunteer management)
- Advocacy in Volunteer Administration (including substantially revised discussion of advocacy skills)
Who Should Read This Book
- Candidates seeking certification by the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration (CCVA)
- Lawyers with a charities or not-for-profit practices
- Managers, coordinators and team leaders of volunteers at not-for-profit organizations and public agencies
- Students taking volunteer administration courses offered by universities, colleges and continuing education
- Libraries providing a resource for lawyers, students and professionals looking for an understanding of volunteer administration and management
Table of contents
Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Profession of Volunteer Administration – Erin R. Spink
Chapter 2: Terminology and Resources – Jeffrey L. Brudney and Melissa A. Heinlein Storti
Chapter 3: Ethical Decision-Making – Kathleen McCleskey and Cheryle N. Yallen
Chapter 4: Strategic Volunteer Engagement – Sarah Jane Rehnborg
Chapter 5: Operational Planning and Management – Jennifer R. Bennett
Chapter 6: Recruitment, Screening and Management Volunteer Staffing and Development – Jason Frenzel
Chapter 7: The Effects of Cultural Diversity and Inclusion on Volunteer Organizations – Meiray Levy, Ronit Bar, Michal Almog-Bar
Chapter 8: Sustaining Volunteer Involvement – Mark A. Hager and Jeffrey L. Brudney
Chapter 9: Data Management – Norman A. Dolch and Laura M. Keyes with the assistance of Pamela J. Sybert
Chapter 10: Financial Management – Jamie S. Dent
Chapter 11: Evaluation and Outcome Measurement– Keith Seel and R. Dale Safrit
Chapter 12: Risk Management – Melanie Lockwood Herman
Chapter 13: Advocacy in Volunteer Administration – Emilie Bromet-Bauer and Erin Spink
Chapter 14: A History of The Evolving Profession of Volunteer Administration – Keith Seel and Sarah Jane Rehnborg
Management of Nonprofit and Charitable Organizations in Canada, 4th EditionRelease date: March 21, 2018$140.00
New!PreorderLaw and Mental Health in Canada: Cases and MaterialsNew!Release date: January 31, 2023$135.00
New!PreorderOntario Family Law Practice, 2023 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2)New!Release date: September 30, 2022$265.00