Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Nathan & Goldfarb’s Company Meetings for Share Capital and Non-Share Capital Corporations, 12th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Effectively manage corporate governance issues at meetings of directors, shareholders and members.
Now in its 12th edition, the newly retitled Nathan & Goldfarb’s Company Meetings for Share Capital and Non-Share Capital Corporations discusses the rules of procedure specific to meetings of directors, shareholders, and members for share capital and non-share capital corporations.
Features of This Book
- A one-of-a kind publication designed specifically for meetings of directors, shareholders and members with authoritative legal references, written by industry expert Hartley R. Nathan, Q.C., and not-for-profit law expert Clifford S. Goldfarb, LL.M.
- Strategy tips throughout enabling chairs and directors and those advising them to better deal with contentious situations
- Contains the most up-to-date Canadian cases as well as representative British, Australian, and American cases, plus case updates to older classic English and Canadian cases
- Useful appendices containing by-laws for the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA) and the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (CNCA), additional by-laws, table of concordance of statutory sections relating to meetings, and the latest version of the proxy protocol
- Glossary of key terms
- Rules of order which are easy-to-read and locate
- Previous editions have been cited by the Courts in business and not-for-profit corporation cases
What’s New in This Edition
- Updated forms and tables, including Table of Concordance of Statutory Sections Relating to Meetings and Proxy Protocol
- Updated chapter on Condo Corporations discussing new legislative meeting requirements and case law
- Up-to-date content on the Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act (ONCA)
Who Should Read This Book?
Nathan & Goldfarb’s Company Meetings for Share Capital and Non-Share Capital Corporations, 12th Edition is a handy guide for the chairman and secretary of a meeting, members of the board, shareholders and members, whether it be a public, private, not-for-profit or condo board or the solicitor advising them.
Table of contents
List of Texts
Part I: Rules of Order
Chapter 1: Meetings of Shareholders and Members
Chapter 2: Meetings of Directors
Chapter 3: Notice of Meetings of Shareholders and Members
Chapter 4: Organization of Meetings of Shareholders and Members
Chapter 5: Elections and Appointments
Chapter 6: Motions and Resolutions
Chapter 7: Discussion
Chapter 8: Voting at Shareholders’ and Members’ Meetings
Chapter 9: Closing the Meeting
Chapter 10: Minutes
Chapter 11: Proxies
Chapter 12: How to Conduct a Proxy Contest
Chapter 13: Condominium Board and Unit Owners Meetings
Part II: Forms
Part III: Appendices
Appendix 1: CBCA By-Law
Appendix 2: CNCA By-Law
Appendix 3: Additional By-law Clauses
Appendix 4: Table of Concordance of Statutory Sections Relating to Meetings
Appendix 5: Table of Statutes Relating to Incorporation of Non-Share Capital Corporations
Appendix 6: Motions in Order of Precedence and Their Characteristics
Appendix 7: Proxy Protocol
Appendix 8: Protocol Regarding Conduct of the Meeting
Table of Cases