The Directors' Handbook
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Directors' Handbook concise handbook is for Directors before and after they accept positions on a board. It discusses the due diligence that they should conduct, the liabilities they may face, their duties as Directors and some issues they may encounter while serving as Directors and how to address them.
This book also serves as a useful resource for lawyers to advise Directors and clients. It contains numerous checklists and precedents that a Director or prospective Director can refer to.
- The roles, responsibilities and duties of Directors and Officers
- Due Diligence before and after becoming a Director
- Insurance and Indemnification
- Contentions issues a Director may encounter
- Board Minutes and Directors' Notes
- Lawyers as Directors
- And much more
Who Should Read This Book
- Directors of public, private, and not for profit corporations – To understand their roles, responsibilities and liabilities as Directors
- Potential Directors – To guide potential Directors in conducting their due diligence before, after and during their role as Directors
- Lawyers – As a reference guide when giving advice and to provide to clients who are Directors or are considering taking on directorship roles
- In-House Counsel – As a reference guide when advising their Directors on corporate governance matters
- Librarians, including managers, assistants, and technicians – For patrons conducting research
- Management of a corporation, including CEOs and executive teams – For management to use in discerning their roles and responsibilities as Officers of the corporation and to understand the roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors
Table of contents
Chapter 1 - Directors and Officers Election and Appointment
Chapter 2 – Directors and Officers Roles and Responsibilities
Chapter 3 – Due Diligence Before Becoming a Director
Chapter 4 – The Preparation and Conduct of Board Meetings
Chapter 5 – Due Diligence While Serving as a Director
Chapter 6 – What are the Risks of being a Director?
Chapter 7 – Risk Management
Chapter 8 – Minutes and Notes of Directors’ Meetings
Chapter 9 – The Director in Non-Traditional Roles
Chapter 10 – Conflicts of Interest of Directors and Officers
Chapter 11 – Committees of the Board
Chapter 12 – Resignation and Removal of Directors and Officers
Chapter 13 – Codes of Conduct
Chapter 14 – The Lawyer as Director
The Directors ManualRelease date: December 01, 2003$1,770.00
Nathan & Goldfarb’s Company Meetings for Share Capital and Non-Share Capital Corporations, 12th EditionRelease date: August 21, 2020$220.00
New!PreorderSopinka, Gelowitz and Rankin on the Conduct of an Appeal, 5th EditionNew!Release date: November 30, 2022$280.00