Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Modern First Nations Legislation Annotated, 2024 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Definitive Resource on First Nations Legislation
If you want to give solid legal advice to First Nations or make effective leadership decisions, you need the most up-to-date information on First Nations law in Canada. Modern First Nations Legislation Annotated, 2024 Edition is a detailed collection of most of the key recent federal legislation affecting First Nations, their lands, and their institutions.
Features and Benefits
- "What's New" and "What's Next" – Capturing key recent changes and anticipated developments
- Introductory commentary for all legislation – Providing an overview of each Act and regulation
- Section-by-section commentary and annotation – Offering expert interpretation of each section and highlighting key cases on point
- Full text of a variety of recent First Nations legislation – Have the full text of relevant legislation and regulations at your fingertips
Highlights of the 2024 Edition
- Inclusion of the newly enacted Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management Act with annotations and introductory commentary
- Inclusion, for the first time, of An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families with annotations and introductory commentary
- Discussion of substantial and recent amendments to the First Nations Fiscal Management Act
- Discussion of possible future legislative changes, including amending the Interpretation Act to include a non-derogation clause applicable to all federal laws, which would affect Acts in this volume, and additional regulations under the First Nations Commercial and Industrial Development Act
Who Should Buy
- Aboriginal lawyers who need up-to-date information on First Nations governance, reserve land transactions, taxation, and specific claims
- Aboriginal band administrators, First Nations leaders, councils, negotiators and policy advisors who need guidance on the law that governs their actions
- Aboriginal economic development officers, land managers and taxation officials who need to understand and comply with the standards set out in the legislation
- Provincial governments and municipalities who are directly involved in negotiating land claims, municipal service agreements, or regulatory monitoring and enforcement agreements with First Nations
- Officials of the Department of Indigenous Services, and the Department of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs, and other federal officials who must keep current on modern First Nations legislation to meet the Federal Government's constitutional, treaty, political, and legal responsibilities to First Nations
- Non-Aboriginal residents of reserves who wish to better understand both their rights and First Nation governance of reserve lands – e.g. property taxation; land use and transactions
Table of contents
About the Authors
Detailed Table of Contents
Introduction to Modern First Nations Legislation
Family Homes on Reserves and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act (Annotated)
Emergency Protection Orders Regulations (Annotated)
An Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis Children, Youth and Families (Annotated)
First Nations Commercial and Industrial Development Act (Annotated)
First Nations Elections Act (Annotated)
First Nations Elections Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Financial Transparency Act (Annotated)
First Nations Fiscal Management Act (Annotated)
Credit Enhancement Fund Use Regulations (Annotated)
Debt Reserve Fund Replenishment Regulations (Annotated)
Financing Secured by Other Revenues Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Assessment Appeal Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Assessment Inspection Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Local Revenue Law Review Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Property Assessment and Taxation (Railway Rights-of-Way) Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Tax Commission Review Procedures Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Tax Commissioner Appointment Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Taxation Enforcement Regulations (Annotated)
Revenue Management Implementation Regulations (Annotated)
Short-term Pooled Investment Fund Regulations (Annotated)
Statistical Data Disclosure Regulations
Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management Act (Annotated)
First Nations Land Registry Regulations (Annotated)
Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management
First Nations Oil and Gas and Moneys Management Act (Annotated)
First Nations Oil and Gas Environmental Assessment Regulations (Annotated)
First Nations Oil and Gas and Moneys Management Voting Regulations (Annotated)
Specific Claims Tribunal Act (Annotated)
New!Alberta Family Law Practice, 2024 EditionNew!Release date: November 30, 2023$175.00
New!Investment Canada Act: Commentary and Annotation, 2024 EditionNew!Release date: November 30, 2023$145.00
New!The Annotated Ontario Consumer Protection Act, 2024 EditionNew!Release date: November 30, 2023$135.00