Hughes on Copyright and Industrial Design, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The second edition of this service is comprised of four separate parts dealing with copyright, industrial design, integrated circuit topography and the taxation of intellectual property. It provides authoritative coverage of such issues as registration, licensing and assignment procedures as well as what constitutes infringement.
This edition includes case references which contain both the official law report citation and the LexisNexis Quicklaw citation, allowing you to quickly identify and obtain the full-text decisions relevant to your particular case.
- Comprehensive Approach - includes coverage of substantive and procedural issues in practical detail, including:
- Registrability requirements that must be met before protection will be granted an invention, a trade-mark, software or a musical, literary or dramatic work
- Registering, renewing, amending, assigning, licensing and expunging procedures
- Infringement - what constitutes infringement, initiating and defending against an action, parties, possible defences and available remedies
- Expert Commentary and Case Analysis - Written by an author team headed by The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes, this publication provides you with expert guidance you can rely on with confidence
- Up-to-date Information - The looseleaf format combined with regular releases ensure that you are kept appraised of the current state of the law
- The Copyright Act, the Industrial Design Act, and the Integrated Circuit Topography Act are each reproduced in full in both English and French as are pertinent Regulations and Rules
- Royalties and Tariffs
- Copyright Conventions
Billing Method: Updates Billed As Issued
Table of contents
Preface to the Second Edition
How to Use this Service
Table of Cases
Royalties and Tariffs
Table of Cases
Industrial Design Act and Regulations
INTEGRATED CIRCUIT TOPOGRAPHY ACT
Integrated Circuit Topography Act
Integrated Circuit Topography Regulations