Hughes on Trade Marks, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The second edition continues to provide you with the content you've come to expect from LexisNexis® Butterworths publications, and now has been enhanced to better suit your needs. This service clearly explains the principles and authorities necessary for a full understanding of the field.
This edition includes case references which contain both the official law report citation and the LexisNexis® Quicklaw citation, allowing you to quickly identify and obtain the full-text decisions relevant to your particular case.
Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive Approach - includes coverage of substantive and procedural issues in practical detail, including:
- Registrability requirements that must be met before protection will be granted an invention, a trade-mark, software or a musical, literary or dramatic work
- Registering, renewing, amending, assigning, licensing and expunging procedures
- Infringement - what constitutes infringement, initiating and defending against an action, parties, possible defences and available remedies
- Expert Commentary and Case Analysis - Written by an author team headed by Justice Roger T. Hughes, Q.C., this publication provides you with expert guidance you can rely on with confidence
- Up-to-date Information - The looseleaf format combined with regular releases ensure that you are kept appraised of the current state of the law
ALSO contains the Trade-marks Act and Regulations, reproduced in both English and French
Billing Method: Updates Billed As Issued
Table of contents
Preface to the Second Edition
How to Use this Service
Table of Cases
- Trade-marks and Unfair Competition
- Part 1 General Statutory and Common Law Proceedings
- Part 2 Trade-marks
- Part 3 Passing Off and Unfair Competition
- Part 4 Canadian Federal Tax Considerations