Halsbury's Laws of Canada - Securities (2018 Reissue)
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $305 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72volume set.
The impact of share purchases, public offerings and stock exchanges is felt by more Canadian businesses and individuals than ever before, making securities law of increasing interest to lawyers in many diverse fields of practice. Understanding this area has always been a challenge, though, because the laws governing securities regulation in Canada are complex and multi-faceted. They are derived from such diverse sources as provincial and territorial securities statutes, regulations and rules, national and multilateral instruments and policy statements, notices and decisions of securities regulatory authorities, court decisions, and rules, policies and by-laws of stock exchanges and self-regulatory organizations.
Now, those seeking to understand this often inaccessible area of law can turn with confidence to the Halsbury's Securities title. Especially useful for lawyers who do not deal with securities issues in their day-to-day practices, this valuable reference provides a straightforward and integrated explanation of the regulation of securities in every Canadian jurisdiction. Topics covered in this essential reference include:
- Sources of securities law
- Regulatory authorities
- Harmonization and co-ordination
- Passport system
- Continuous disclosure requirements
- Exemptive relief applications
- Principal regulator system
- Self-regulatory organizations
- Distribution and trading of securities
- Prospectus requirements
- Form and content
- Financial statements
- Amendments, filing and review
- Prospectus exempt distributions
- Disclosure requirements
- Proxies, information circulars, annual information forms
- Insider reporting and insider trading
- Corporate governance and audit committees
- Take-over and issuer bids
- Procedures, obligations, restrictions, exemptions, defences
- Special transactions
- Minority security-holder protection
- Disclosure and valuation requirements
- Exemption and approval requirements
- Statutory and common law civil liability
- Insider trading and tipping
- Secondary market disclosure
- Stock exchanges
- And much more.
Table of contents
I. Canadian Securities Laws
II. Distribution of Securities
III. Prospectus Distributions
IV. Prospectus Exempt Distributions
V. Continuous Disclosure
VI. Insider Reporting and Insider Trading
VII. Corporate Governance
VIII. Take-Over Bids and Issuer Bids
IX. Protection of Minority Security-holders in Special Transactions
XI. Civil Liability
XIII. Stock Exchanges