Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Securities – Student Edition
**This title is to be purchased by students only**Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Securities – Student Edition is a valuable reference providing a straightforward and integrated explanation of the regulation of securities in every Canadian jurisdiction, making it ideal for students who are seeking to understand a complex subject.This is a student edition.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
**This title is to be purchased by students only**
Making a complex statutory framework accessible for students
The impact of share purchases, public offerings and stock exchanges is felt by more Canadian businesses and individuals than ever before, making securities law of increasing interest to individuals in many diverse fields. Understanding this area has always been a challenge, though, because the laws governing securities regulation in Canada are complex and multi-faceted. They are derived from such diverse sources as provincial and territorial securities statutes, regulations and rules, national and multilateral instruments and policy statements, notices and decisions of securities regulatory authorities, court decisions, and rules, policies and by-laws of stock exchanges and self-regulatory organizations.
Now, students seeking to understand this often inaccessible area of law can turn with confidence to Halsbury's Securities, Student Edition volume. This valuable reference provides a straightforward and integrated explanation of the regulation of securities in every Canadian jurisdiction, making it ideal for students who are seeking to understand a complex subject. Topics covered in this essential reference include:
- Sources of securities law
- Regulatory authorities
- Harmonization and co-ordination
- Passport system
- Continuous disclosure requirements
- Exemptive relief applications
- Principal regulator system
- Self-regulatory organizations
- Form and content
- Financial statements
- Amendments, filing and review
- Prospectus exempt distributions
- Disclosure requirements
- Proxies, information circulars, annual information forms
- Procedures, obligations, restrictions, exemptions, defences
- Special transactions
- Minority security holder protection
- Disclosure and valuation requirements
- Exemption and approval requirements
- Insider trading and tipping
- Secondary market disclosure
- Stock exchanges
And much more.
Special Features/Enhanced content
- A general table of contents to the level of chapter headings
- A detailed table of contents to the level of clause headings
- Detailed sectional contents set out within the commentary for each chapter and section
- References and abbreviations - an alphabetical listing of special references and abbreviations used in the volume, with an explanation of their meaning
- Selected secondary sources - setting out selected texts, articles, and other secondary sources pertaining to the subject that the reader may find to be relevant and helpful
Halsbury's Features Facilitating Academic Use
- National coverage - all jurisdictions are dealt with to provide students with national perspective. As financing and investment become increasingly trans-provincial, this perspective is essential.
- Black letter analysis - delivering a clear and straightforward narrative of the law, and providing an efficient framework for understanding and learning
- Student friendly approach - specifically designed for users who are not specialists in a given area of law
- Depth and scope of coverage - the commentary provides a complete discussion of the relevant law that emerges from the governing legislation and case law.
- Accessible format - the Halsbury's layout and style are designed to more effectively group related concepts and to facilitate both detailed review and rapid scanning for relevant information
Table of contents
I. Canadian Securities Laws
II. Distribution of Securities
III. Prospectus Distributions
IV. Prospectus Exempt Distributions
V. Continuous Disclosure
VI. Insider Reporting and Insider Trading
VII. Corporate Governance
VIII. Take-Over Bids and Issuer Bids
IX. Protection of Minority Security Holders in Special Transactions
XI. Civil Liability
XIII. Stock Exchanges
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Securities (2022 Reissue)Release date: September 22, 2022$335.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Commercial Law II: Bills of Exchange (2024 Reissue) / Consumer Protection (2024 Reissue) / Sale of Goods (2024 Reissue)New!Release date: February 27, 2024$335.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Wills and Estates (2024 Reissue)New!Release date: February 21, 2024$335.00