Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Media and Postal Communications (2017 Reissue) / Medicine and Health (2017 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $315 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
MEDIA AND POSTAL COMMUNICATIONS
Jay Brecher, B.A., LL.B.
In stark contrast to the telecommunications industry in Canada, which is highly regulated, the newspaper media is almost entirely unregulated. Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Media and Postal Communications (2017 Reissue) examines the communication laws impacting the print newspaper industry, as well as the regulation of the delivery of communications through the postal system.
Topics covered include:
- The regulatory framework for newspapers
- Press Councils in Canada
- Governance of Canada Post Corporation
- Mandate, liability and powers of the post office
- Postal-related offences and penalties
MEDICINE AND HEALTH
Michelle Moldofsky, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
For lawyers, the issues that surround the medical system can have an impact that extends far beyond the hospital or doctor's office. Whether in a professional or personal capacity, the healthcare system impacts virtually all professionals and their clients. Malpractice, professional misconduct, fertility treatments, informed consent, the confidentiality of health records and living wills are all topics that clients may bring to their lawyer.
When questions arise, out of a file or as part of general client interaction, the prudent lawyer can turn with confidence to Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Medicine and Health (2017 Reissue). This comprehensive national narrative of the law relating to health and medical care in Canada provides a concise statement of the legislation and judicial rulings that govern this crucial area of universal concern.
Among the important topics covered are:
- The framework for health care in Canada
- Constitutional division of powers
- Canada Health Act funding and issues
- Insured services, user charges and extra billing
- Provincial health insurance programs
- The licensing and regulation of health professionals
- Controlled acts
- Registration, practice entry and quality assurance
- Complaints, investigation, discipline and alternative dispute resolution
- Consent to treatment
- Common law issues
- Right to consent to or refuse treatment
- Forms and elements of valid consent
- Children and adults with disabilities
- Health records and health information
- Right to privacy and confidentiality in criminal and civil contexts
- Duties of health care providers and provincial/federal requirements
- Collection, use and disclosure of health information
- Governance of public hospitals
- Hospital privileges
- Quality of care and patient safety
- Regulation of private hospitals
- Malpractice and liability issues
- Institutional liability
- Health professionals and negligence
- Fertility and reproduction
- Sterilization, forcible confinement and/or treatment of pregnant women
- Assisted human reproduction and sperm banks
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Naturopathy, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine
- Massage therapy, chiropractic, midwifery, osteopathy
- Protective legislation for physicians
- Medical marihuana as an alternative therapy
- Refusing life-sustaining treatment
- Statutory requirements
- Withholding or withdrawing treatment
- Criminal law issues
- Tissue donations
Table of contents
MEDIA AND POSTAL COMMUNICATIONS
2. Press Councils
II. Postal Communications
2. Governance of Canada Post Corporation
3. Activities of Canada Post
MEDICINE AND HEALTH
I. Health Care in Canada
II. Licensing and Regulation of Health Professionals
III. Consent to Treatment
IV. Medical Records
VI. Liability and Malpractice
VII. Fertility and Reproduction
VIII. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
IX. Death and Dying
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Athletics (2021 Reissue) / Aviation and Space (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: April 19, 2021$320.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Social Assistance (2019 Reissue)Release date: February 28, 2019$320.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Judges and Courts (2018 Reissue)Release date: July 25, 2018$320.00