Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Immigration and Citizenship (2023 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$148* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $330 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
In an environment of changing demographics, global business initiatives, widespread movement of populations and the spectre of international terrorism, the legal framework underlying immigration and refugee applications and the rules governing citizenship have never been more relevant. Newly revised and thoroughly updated, Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Immigration and Citizenship (2023 Reissue) authoritatively and clearly defines the law that governs entry to Canada, residence requirements, and the attainment of Canadian citizenship.
Topics covered include:
- The constitutional framework
- The status of persons in Canada
- Permanent residents
- Refugees and persons in need of protection
- Family class
- Economic class
- Humanitarian and compassionate and public policy considerations
- Temporary residents
- Categories and admission
- Work permits
- Study permits
- Temporary resident permits
- Admission under CUSMA
- Convention refugees and persons in need of protection
- Inadmissible persons
- Categories and determination
- Appeal or review of decisions
- Enforcement powers
- Arrest, detention and release
- Removal, including departure orders, exclusion orders, deportation orders and conditional versus final orders
- Immigration and Refugee Board
- Structure, composition and powers
- Refugee Protection Division
- Refugee Appeal Division
- Immigration Division
- Immigration Appeal Division
- Judicial review of immigration matters
- Jurisdiction and powers of the Federal Court
- Grounds and standards of review
- Remedies, including injunctions, certiorari, prohibition, mandamus and declaration
- Appeals to the Federal Court of Appeal
- Stay of removal
- Review of security certificates
- Citizenship by birth
- Citizenship by naturalization
- Acquisition of citizenship
- Residence and knowledge requirements
- Prohibitions to granting
- Resumption of citizenship
- Procedure for applying for citizenship by naturalization
- Loss of citizenship
- Judicial review
Table of contents
II. Canadian Citizenship
III. Permanent Residents
IV. Temporary Residents
V. Convention Refugees and Persons in Need of Protection
VI. Inadmissible Persons
VII. Enforcement Powers
VIII. The Immigration and Refugee Board
IX. Judicial Review of Immigration Matters
Immigration Law and Practice, 2nd EditionRelease date: January 01, 2005$2,100.00
Canadian Immigration & Refugee Law Practice, 2023 Edition + E-BookRelease date: December 20, 2022$200.00
Canada's Refugee Determination Procedure: A Guide for the Post Bill C-31 EraRelease date: September 30, 2013$160.00