Canada's Refugee Determination Procedure: A Guide for the Post Bill C-31 Era
With the passage of Bill C-31, "Protecting Canada's Immigration System Act", in December 2012, significant changes to Canada's refugee determination procedure came into effect. This soft-bound publication, authored by refugee law experts Jacqueline Swaisland and Lorne Waldman, provides a plain language explanation of the revised procedure.
Highlights of this book
Canada's Refugee Determination Procedure: A Guide for the Post Bill C-31 Era is the first book to offer a comprehensive look at the new method for determining refugee status in Canada. This resource will be invaluable to immigration and refugee lawyers as it is:
- Authoritative - The authors have decades of combined experience in the area of refugee law and are highly-regarded in the legal community. They are both frequent speakers at industry events and are sought-after media commentators.
- Exhaustive - Readers of this detailed guide will gain a complete understanding of every step of the new refugee determination process.
- Current - This text is the most up-to-date resource on this topic and will assist practitioners with understanding the changes that were introduced through Bill C-31, from the new timelines for refugee proceedings and the revised procedure for determining designated countries of origin, to the establishment of the Refugee Appeal Division.
- Accessible - This is a clear, easy-to-understand book that explains all of the latest legislative developments that are relevant to the refugee determination procedure in Canada.
A valuable reference for anyone who practices in the area of refugee law, and will be particularly useful for:
- Immigration lawyers and consultants who are looking for a plain language guide to the legislative changes
- Immigration law students
- Law libraries
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Initiating a Claim for Protection
Chapter 3: Hearings Before the Refugee Protection Division
Chapter 4: The Refugee Appeal Division
Chapter 5: Pre-Removal Risk Assessment
New!Canadian Immigration & Refugee Law Practice, 2021 Edition + E-BookNew!Release date: November 12, 2020$179.00
The Definition of Convention Refugee, 2nd EditionRelease date: June 24, 2019$140.00
Canadian Immigration & Refugee Law Practice, 2020 Edition + E-BookRelease date: November 26, 2019$140.00