Equipment Financing in Canada
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
As the authors point out in the introduction to this new publication, “equipment finance is much more than simply providing credit for the use or acquisition of specific assets. It spans the entire debt market … [and involves] all sectors of the finance community.” Equipment Financing in Canada acknowledges the breadth of this topic by providing a comprehensive look at the various aspects of equipment finance and offering practical, reliable advice to lawyers and non-legal professionals alike.
Written by leading experts in the area, Equipment Financing in Canada is the only equipment leasing text on the Canadian market, making it the definitive go-to guide for practitioners across the country. In addition to explaining the nature of equipment finance, the market and how the market is funded, it delves into the legal aspects of equipment financing by examining, clause by clause, key provisions in a typical equipment finance transaction. In addition, the authors discuss important considerations under the Personal Property Security Act and those related to the treatment of equipment finance contracts in the event of bankruptcy and restructuring. The book concludes with chapters dedicated to regulatory matters and emerging trends in equipment financing.
In particular, Equipment Financing in Canada offers:
- Industry-specific insight: After focusing on the big picture, the text narrows in on issues and considerations related to specific industries, including marine, rail cars and rail transportation, aviation, software, retrofit and automotive.
- Practical guidance: The appendix contains a number of precedents – including key agreements and clauses – that practitioners will find indispensable.
Equipment Financing in Canada should be on the bookshelves of:
- Banking & finance and corporate & commercial lawyers who need to advise clients on equipment leasing transactions
- In-house counsel at banks, commercial financers/non-banks and companies that frequently finance equipment who advise on equipment leasing transactions
- Commercial financers and non-banks who will benefit from an understanding of the equipment finance market, the different financing models and the legal considerations in equipment leasing transactions
- Accountants who will benefit from an understanding of equipment financing structures and the impact of financing equipment on a company’s income statement and tax return
- U.S. funders looking to expand operations or fund into Canada will benefit from an understanding of the Canadian equipment financing landscape
- Law libraries that want to provide a valuable reference for their patrons
Table of contents
Chapter 1: What is equipment finance?
Chapter 2: Overview of the equipment finance market
Chapter 3: Funding the equipment finance market
Chapter 4: Legal elements of an equipment finance transaction
Chapter 5: Personal Property Security Act matters
Chapter 6: Treatment of equipment finance contract in bankruptcy and restructuring
Chapter 7: Consumer finance
Chapter 8: Marine
Chapter 9: Railcars and rail transportation
Chapter 10: Aviation finance
Chapter 11: Software, solar and auto
Chapter 12: Tax matters
Chapter 13: Regulatory matters
Chapter 14: Emerging trends