Charities and Not-for-Profit Fundraising Handbook, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Endorsed by Imagine Canada (Special price available to Imagine Canada members)
Now organizations can anticipate problems and find solutions with the Charities and Not-for-Profit Fundraising Handbook - a unique guide to the law and administrative framework that underlies this important area. It is an essential part of the library of every charitable and not-for-profit institution.
Complying With Legal Obligations
Fundraising in Canada is governed by a number of important legal obligations that are contained in a variety of statutes. The Charities and Not-for-Profit Fundraising Handbook examines those obligations in depth, explaining them clearly and setting out the procedures necessary to ensure compliance. Significant statutes covered include: Charities Accounting Act; Charitable Gifts Act; Charitable Fund-Raising Act; Charities Endorsement Act; Competition Act; Income Tax Act.
Plus, this comprehensive text analyzes the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act which applies strict rules to the selling, bartering or rental of donor, membership or fundraising lists.
New in this Edition
- Expansion and updating of Chapter 1 on the context of Fundraising providing better understanding of the competition and expectations that exist in the Charitable and Not-for-Profit world
- Expansion and updating of the definition of "Charitable and Not-for-Profit" purposes in a fundraising content offering a clearer, more up-to-date understanding of what charities can and cannot do
- New Chapter discusses keeping your charitable registration through compliance with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Substantial expansion of the discussion of the roles of Officers and Directors particularly with regards to:
- Strategies for fundraising including a discussion on the practical "rules" of fundraising and the pyramid of giving (a conceptual framework for donor development)
- Ethical accountability including a discussion of the Accord between the Government of Canada and the Voluntary Sector and the Code of Good Practice on Funding
- Compliance with the law with regards to fundraising activities including updated legislation, the Telecommunications Act, new Anti-Terrorism legislation pertaining to charities, and charity legislation in Saskatchewan and P.E.I.
Click here to read a review of this title
Table of contents
Chapter 1: The Fundraising World is a Tough Place – Context, Context, Context
Chapter 2: The Roles of the Officers and Directors – Strategy
Chapter 3: The Roles of Officers and Directors: Ethical Accountability
Chapter 4: The Roles of Officers and Directors: Financial Accountability
Chapter 5: The Roles of Officers and Directors: Compliance with the Law
Chapter 6: Work and Play Fundraising Activities: Special Events, Revenue Generation and Charitable Gaming
Chapter 7: Registration as a Charity – Watch the Money Roll In?
Chapter 8: Compliance as Registered Charity – Keeping the Money Rolling In
Election Law in Canada, 2nd EditionRelease date: March 25, 2021$125.00
The Law of Charitable and Casino Gaming, 2nd EditionRelease date: November 29, 2018$150.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Cemeteries and Interment (2022 Reissue) / Charities, Associations and Not-For-Profit Organizations (2022 Reissue)Release date: April 08, 2022$330.00