Bennett on Bankruptcy, 24th Edition, 2022 + Companion Volume + E-Book PDF (2 Volumes)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
New Edition In Time for Busy Bankruptcy Practice – Get Help from Legal Expert
For more than 30 years, Bennett on Bankruptcy has been frequently cited across Canada. Bennett on Bankruptcy has been a reliable and practical annual guide, providing authoritative reference to the substantive law under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Frank Bennett provides you with detailed explanatory notes to point out many of the leading cases on a particular section or rule. The case references are helpful as they give you background in the particular area and the legal principles involved. In addition, he includes numerous notices to trustees from the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy regarding their practice and the administration of estates.
What's New In This Edition
- Updated commentary and discussion of issues of recent concern such as:
- The court’s discretion to stay or to dismiss an application for a bankruptcy order
- The court’s power to subordinate deemed trusts to administrative, interim financing and directors’ charges
- Legislation suspending limitation periods during the pandemic
- Competing applications by creditors for an order appointing a receiver and by the debtor for an order under the CCAA staying the creditors’ rights
- Recently issued Notices to Trustees, including:
- Notice – Change to Google’s Advertising policy – August 28, 2020
- Notice – 2020-21 OSB Business Plan
- Notice – Guidance regarding Canada Recovery Benefits Act – October 15, 2020
- Notice – Remote Service Delivery of Assessments – January 4, 2021
- Notice – Annual Banking Report 2021 – April 21, 2021
- Notice – Distribution of Post-Filing Interest on Proven Claims – August 3, 2021
- Notice – Guidance to LITs – Self-identification on the Estate Information Summary
- New or revised Directives, including:
- Directive No. 5R7 – Estate Funds and Banking, issued May 3, 2021
- Directive No. 11R2 – 2021, Surplus Income, issued March 10, 2021
- Directive No. 28R – Non-Resident Office, issued March 12, 2020
- Directive No. 32R – Trustee Electronic Recordkeeping, issued November 9, 2021
- General Transitional Directive amending forms 78 and 79, issued March 18, 2021
- Two Listings of Notices to Trustees – Chronological Listing and Alphabetical Listing
Who Should Buy This Book?
The book explains leading cases from a practitioner's point of view and is perfect for:
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Lawyers
- Corporate and Commercial Lawyers
- Lenders including banks, trust companies, syndicated lending associations
- Trustees, Accountants, Debtors, and Directors
- Credit Counsellors
- Corporate Secretaries, and In-House Corporate Counsel
- Government agencies
Table of contents
Table of Cases
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Rules
Template Receivership Orders (Ontario)
Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
Template Receivership and CCAA Orders – Ontario
Appendix – Corporate Restructuring: Choice of Remedy
Wage Earner Protection Program Act