Bennett on Bankruptcy Precedents, 3rd Edition, 2018
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Every possible precedent you need through the bankruptcy process
Bennett on Bankruptcy Precedents,3rd Edition serves to guide bankruptcy and insolvency practitioners through the bankruptcy process, from the initial retainer and court filings through to discharge and appeals. The third edition equips you with approximately 600 forms and precedents, adapted from the author's practice and from the prescribed forms under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act.
The forms and precedents are for use in the Province of Ontario, but and can be easily adapted to the forms in other provinces and territories. For some of the topical sections, author Frank Bennett provides preliminary commentary to give context to the issues at hand.
- Almost 600 forms and precedents - Covers all possible forms, precedents and pleadings required to meet the daily needs of a bankruptcy and insolvency lawyer
- Chronological sequence - Easily locate documents for each stage of a proceeding, including all steps in between from initial retainer, assignment, application for bankruptcy order, receivership, proposals, administration, to discharge and appeals
- Helpful commentary - Fully understand the function of the documents used throughout a proceeding
- CD-ROM contains all the forms and precedents included in the book-Includes the BIA forms that are not included in the book
- CD-ROM of documents with each form and precedent saved individually - Customize forms and documents for own use
- Checklists for both lawyers and trustees
Who Should Buy This Book?
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Lawyers - Need an authoritative reference for drafting forms and pleadings
- Licensed Insolvency Trustees - Same reason but in their capacity to help clients get discharged from debts
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency Law Clerks - To fill out forms and draft applicable documentation
- Corporate/Commercial lawyers - To have some understanding of the bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings and relevant documentation
Table of contents
- Court Forms
II. Application For Bankruptcy Order
IV. Interim Receiver
- Commercial Proposals
- Consumer Proposals
VI. Estate Administration
- Proofs Of Claim And Disputes
- Meeting Of Creditors
VIII. Preferences, Transactions At Undervalue And Improper Payment Of Dividends
IX. Landlord And Tenant
X. Discharge Of Bankrupt
XI. Section 38 Proceedings
XII. Secured Creditors
XIV. Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
List of Forms under the BIA (on CD-ROM)