An Introduction to Real Property Law, 7th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The seventh edition again provides a succinct introduction to the basic concepts used in common law jurisdictions in determining claims about rights and obligations in real property.
New in this Edition
- New commentary on challenges for property law in the 21st Century
- Additional content on the doctrine of waste and on qualified freehold estates
- New content on leases in the resource sector
- Expanded commentary on land use regulation
- Completely revised chapter on Aboriginal Peoples' rights
- Revised discussion of the rule against perpetuities and statutory reform of the rule
- Updated coverage of developments in family property law
Topics covered include:
- Freehold and leasehold estates
- Equitable interests in land and the Statute of Uses
- Determinable and defeasible estates
- Joint tenancies and tenancies in common
- Other forms of concurrent ownership
- The rule against perpetuities
- Treaty rights and aboriginal rights to land and resources
- Family property
Additional features include sample review problems and a glossary of terms.
A great resource for:
- Law students/professors – a teaching tool for the academic market, this text provides students with a foundational understanding of property law principles
- Real Estate practitioners and small firms – a guide to navigating issues related to real property law
- Litigation lawyers – an introduction to foundational issues and principles that arise in areas of law related to real property, or property aspects of a client's situation
- Libraries – basic information for lawyers and students who do not regularly deal with real property matters
Table of contents
Chapter 1: The Framework of Canadian Property Law
Chapter 2: Freehold Estates
Chapter 3: Qualified Freehold Estates
Chapter 4: Leasehold Estates
Chapter 5: Ownership, Title and Limits on Ownership
Chapter 6: Aboriginal Peoples' Rights to Land and Natural Resources
Chapter 7: Licences, Incorporeal Hereditaments and Covenants
Chapter 8: Reversions, Remainders and the Legal Remainder Rules
Chapter 9: Equitable Estates, the Statute of Uses and the Modern Trust
Chapter 10: The Rule against Perpetuities
Chapter 11: Concurrent Co-ownership
Chapter 12: Family Property
Chart: Analyzing the Validity of Conveyances
Synthesis: Legal Reading, Reasoning, and Writing in Canada, 4th EditionRelease date: July 18, 2017$110.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Athletics (2021 Reissue) / Aviation and Space (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: April 30, 2021$320.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Personal Property and Secured Transactions (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: March 31, 2021$320.00