Morcom on Trade Marks, Sixth Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Morcom on Trade Marks (formerly known as Modern Law of Trade Marks) is a comprehensive guide on trade mark law, enabling practitioners to provide clients with effective advice with the best possible support and authority. It includes detailed analysis of important UK and European legislation and in-depth commentary on key cases.
This new sixth edition has been fully revised and updated to take into account all the latest developments since the last edition published in 2016.
Key updates include:
- Coverage of the most important new decisions of the Courts and other decision-making bodies, and legislation (eg Unjustified Threats legislation of 2017)
- The implementation by the UK of the 'recast' EU Harmonisation Directive of 2015
- Detailed treatment of the consequences of the exit of the UK from the EU (including a brand new chapter) and coverage of measures ensuring that proprietors of EU Trade Marks and International Registrations designating the UK, also geographical indications will retain protection of their rights in the UK as well as in the other 27 EU Member States
- A comprehensive update of The European Union Trade Mark section (Part VIII) to incorporate relevant changes to the EUTM law and regime, and new decisions that will continue to be of relevance to businesses world-wide
- Inclusion of references to important decisions of the EU institutions, in particular the Court of Justice of the European Union and the General Court, which continue to be an important part of jurisprudence relevant to UK trade mark law
- Updated 'Consolidated' versions of the Trade Marks Act 1994 and the Trade Marks Rules 2008, and the full text of the 2015 Directive included as Annexes
Table of contents
Part I General introduction
Part II Registered marks
Part III Passing off and miscellaneous
Part IV Special topics
Part V Civil proceedings
Part VI Customs and criminal offences
Part VII International treaties
Part VIII The European Union trade mark