Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Impaired Driving in Canada, 6th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
In Impaired Driving in Canada, 6th Edition, The Honourable Mr. Justice Joseph F. Kenkel analyzes every step of the impaired driving case, from the roadside stop through to sentencing. This book provides coverage of an offence where, according to one Parliamentarian, "every word and every comma in every section has been litigated", and is an indispensable companion for all members of the criminal law bar and bench.
This new edition follows its predecessors by canvassing all of the recent decisions that have changed the law in this area, with careful summaries that put the essential quotes from the most important cases at your fingertips.
Impaired Driving in Canada, 6th Edition remains the go-to text for anyone involved in drinking and driving defences and prosecutions and is often described as the "most used" criminal law text by Crowns and defence counsel alike.
What’s New In This Edition
- A complete revision that fully incorporates the Bill C-46 amendments
- Summaries of the new cases that consider the C-46 provisions
- Revised introductory chapter that focuses on an historical overview of drinking and driving legislation to explain what led to the C-46 amendments and what has happened since
- Updated table of contents that shows new users the sub-issues within a topic while allowing experienced counsel to go directly to the information relevant to their case
- Impaired Operation – Offences, Operation by Care or Control, Proof of Impairment, Evidence of Impairment by Alcohol, Evidence of Impairment by Drug, Impaired Causing Bodily Harm/Death
- Blood Alcohol/Blood Drug Concentration – Offences and Exceptions, Roadside Screening For Alcohol or Drugs, Standard Field Sobriety Tests, Drug Recognition Examination, Refuse to Comply with a Demand, Admissibility of Breath Test Evidence, Admissibility of Blood Test Evidence
- Defences – Mens Rea Defences, Necessity, Duress, Multiple Convictions, Automatism, Intoxication, Entrapment
- Sentencing – Administrative Measures, Statutory Provisions, Sentencing Procedure, Sentencing Cases
Who Should Buy This Book
- Defence lawyers who need a comprehensive outline of all of the legal issues involved in a focused format for fast research
- Crown counsel who need to be ready for every possible legal argument and have a quick reference in court for unexpected issues
- Judges seeking a quick, but detailed reference tool for a busy trial court
- Police services looking to ensure that officers are familiar with the latest legal requirements
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Overview
Chapter 2: Impaired Operation
Chapter 3: Over BAC/BDC
Chapter 4: Defences
Chapter 5: Sentencing
Table of Cases