Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Access to Information and Privacy (2020 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$148* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $330 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
In today's information-driven society, the collection, use and disclosure of personal information is a critical yet ever problematic issue for government, business and individuals. Access to information held in vast government databanks and the use of personal information by third parties - in commercial, medical and private contexts - raise unprecedented legal questions, unique privacy concerns and vexing logistical problems.
Newly and thoroughly updated, Halsbury's Access to Information and Privacy (2020 Reissue) provides a definitive examination of the statutory and judicial framework that governs the rules, requirements, prohibitions, caveats and exemptions relevant to the fields of both access and privacy.
Access to information
- The federal, provincial and, where applicable, municipal statutory framework
- Rules governing data held by government bodies in the 10 Canadian provinces and 3 territories, including:
- The purpose, scope and application of access laws
- Legislation allowing access
- General, mandatory and discretionary exemptions to access
- Procedural issues
- Form and elements of a request
- Time limits
- Manner of access
- Reviews and appeals
- Offences and protection from prosecution and liability
- Public sector privacy issues
- The collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by government bodies
- Federal Privacy Act considerations and relevant provincial legislation
- Storage and care of personal information
- Private sector privacy issues
- Scope and application of PIPEDA
- Substantially similar legislation in provincial jurisdictions
- Right to access and correct personal information
- Role of consent
- Limits on collection, use and disclosure
- Special rules applicable to health information
- Privacy in an employment and labour context
- Civil liability and privacy torts
- Charter issues
- Personal information protection in miscellaneous statutes
Table of contents
I. Access to Information
II. Privacy in the Public Sector
III. Personal Information Protection in the Private Sector
IV. Health Information Custodians
V. Charter Issues
VI. Personal Information in Miscellaneous Statutes
VII. The Tort of Invasion of Privacy
VIII. Privacy in Employment and Labour
Selected Secondary Sources
Glossary of Defined Terms in Legislation Related to Access to Information and Privacy