Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Canadian Conflict of Laws, 7th Edition
**This title is Print on Demand – please expect a potential delay in processing and shipping.**This looseleaf subscription provides a scholarly yet practical analysis of the vast and continuously growing body of common law, legislation, treaties and conventions that govern private international law as it is applied in Canada.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Through six successful editions, LexisNexis® Canadian Conflict of Laws has provided a scholarly yet practical analysis of the vast and continuously growing body of common law, legislation and treaties and conventions that govern private international law as it is applied in Canada.
Now Includes LexisNexis® Quicklaw® Citations
Case references include both the official law report citation and the LexisNexis Quicklaw citation. Allowing you to quickly identify and obtain the full-text decisions relevant to your particular case.
Features and Benefits:
- Comprehensive approach – 25 chapters set out the general principles and how they are applied by the courts in virtually every area of civil practice
- Practical guidance – Addresses the unique evidentiary and procedural issues that form part of the conflict of laws field
- Up-to-date information – The looseleaf format combined with regular releases ensure that the publication always represents the current state of the law as articulated in the hundreds of court decisions handed down each year
- Authoritative statement of the law – Written by a top expert in the field of private international law
Particular focus is placed on:
- How courts across Canada have been implementing, refining, and sometimes distinguishing, the governing principles articulated in leading cases
- Contemporary approaches to conflicts issues in the private law fields including the particular rules that have developed with respect to torts, contracts, property, succession, family law and bankruptcy and insolvency
- Impact of recent international developments on the enforcement of civil and commercial judgments worldwide
Billing Method: Updates Billed As Issued
Table of contents
Part One: Overview
Chapter 1: Nature and Scope of the Conflict of Laws
Part Two: Jurisdiction in Civil and Commercial Matters
Chapter 2: The Parties’ Consent
Chapter 3: The Defendant’s Court
Chapter 4: Connections Between the Matter and the Forum
Chapter 5: Discretionary Bases of Jurisdiction
Chapter 6: Discretion to Decline Jurisdiction
Chapter 7: Maritime Jurisdiction
Chapter 8: Limits on Jurisdiction
Chapter 9: Procedural Matters
Part Three: Judgments and Awards
Chapter 10: Recognition and Enforcement
Chapter 11: The Requirements for Recognition
Chapter 12: Defences
Chapter 13: Statutory Regimes
Chapter 14: Foreign Arbitral Awards
Chapter 15: Foreign Currency Obligations
Part Four: Applicable Law Analysis
Chapter 16: Identifying and Applying Relevant Foreign Law
Chapter 17: Connecting Factors
Part Five: Obligations
Chapter 18: Contracts
Chapter 19: Torts and Unjust Enrichment
Part Six: Family Law
Chapter 20: Personal Status
Chapter 21: Custody and Guardianship
Chapter 22: Support
Part Seven: Property
Chapter 23: Property
Chapter 24: Estates and Trusts
Part Eight: Foreign Corporations, Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Chapter 25: Foreign Corporations, Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Conflict of Laws (2020 Reissue)Release date: November 24, 2020$330.00
Common Law, Civil Law and the Future of CategoriesRelease date: May 31, 2010$150.00
New!PreorderCanadian Corporate Law: Cases, Notes & Materials, 5th EditionNew!Release date: January 31, 2024$195.00