British Columbia Business Corporations Act & Commentary, 2024 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
- Commentary that addresses:
- New developments in the Business Corporations Act
- The history and evolution of the Act
- Overview and key elements of the Act
- Full text of British Columbia Business Corporations Act, as amended
- Full text of British Columbia Business Corporations Regulation, B.C. Reg. 65/2004
- Full text of British Columbia Extraprovincial Companies and Foreign Entities from a Designated Province Regulation, B.C. Reg. 88/2009
- Full text of British Columbia Community Contribution Company Regulation, B.C. Reg. 63/2013
- Dozens of B.C. Company, Extra Provincial Company, Unlimited Liability Company, Community Contribution Company, Benefit Company, and New West Partnership Trade Agreement forms
- Table of concordance comparing the Act, its predecessor, and the Canada Business Corporations Act
Highlights of the New Edition
- Recent amendments to the Business Corporations Act now in force from the Societies Amendment Act, 2021, the Finance Statutes Amendment Act (No. 2), 2021, and the Business Corporations Amendment Act, 2023, as well as a number of pending amendments contained in the Business Corporations Amendment Act, 2023 have been included
- Recent amendments to the Business Corporations Regulation have been incorporated
- Several forms have been updated and a new form, Application to Remove Oneself as Director, has been added
Who Should Buy
- General practitioners who must have a quick reference tool in order to advise on all aspects of a business, from incorporating to exiting
- Corporate/commercial lawyers who must keep abreast of the latest developments in business corporation law and procedures
- In-house counsel who oversee all matters of corporate compliance and propriety of corporate filings
- Law clerks who need concrete guidance to facilitate their corporate filings and record keeping
- Law clerk program students who need solid understanding of both the procedural and substantive framework for entry into the world of corporate clerkship
Table of contents
Table of Concordance
Business Corporations Act
Business Corporations Regulation
Extraprovincial Companies and Foreign Entities from a Designated Province Regulation
Community Contribution Company Regulation
British Columbia Company Forms
Leading the Way: Canadian Women in the LawRelease date: September 16, 2015$110.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Commercial Law II: Bills of Exchange (2024 Reissue) / Consumer Protection (2024 Reissue) / Sale of Goods (2024 Reissue)New!Release date: February 27, 2024$335.00
New!Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs): Emerging Legal & Policy ConsiderationsNew!Release date: February 26, 2024$110.00