Annotated Alberta Business Corporations Act, 2023/2024 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This handy portable reference tool provides invaluable insight into the Business Corporations Act in Alberta, and includes:
- Useful context for those wanting to understand and interpret the legislation.
- Comprehensive case annotations related to the most up-to-date version of the legislation, including foundational cases, as well as recent developments.
- Expert commentary on how provisions of the legislation should be interpreted in everyday practice and how they have been applied in the case law.
- A copy of the Business Corporations Regulation (Alta. Reg. 118/2000).
- Cross-referencing that discusses how various sections of the ABCA interact with one another.
- A preface that features the authors’ assessment of the ABCA and how it compares to other jurisdictions, as well as a discussion of the recently proposed modernization of the ABCA via Bill 84: Business Corporations Amendment Act.
What's New in This Edition
- The preface has been updated to discuss amendments to the ABCA and refers to the impact these amendments will have on the position of directors and senior officers, ABCA companies, the streamlining of processes, and insider trading rules
- Case annotations have been updated to reflect recent developments in Alberta corporate law
A Useful Resource
The 2023/2024 Edition of the Annotated Alberta Corporations Act will be useful for:
- General practitioners who must have a quick reference to advise on all aspects of a business, from incorporation to dissolution
- Corporate / commercial lawyers who must keep abreast of the latest developments in business corporation law and procedures
- In-house counsel who oversee all matters of corporate compliance and propriety of corporate filings
- Law clerks who need concrete guidance to facilitate their corporate filings and record keeping
- Law clerk program students who need a solid understanding of both the procedural and substantive framework for entry to the world of corporate clerkship
- Law libraries that want to provide a valuable reference for their patrons
Table of contents
Detailed Table of Contents
Table of Cases
Annotated Business Corporations Act (Alberta)
Business Corporations Regulation (Alberta)
Alberta Corporations Law Guide$4,608.00
Start-Up and Growth Companies in Canada: A Guide to Legal and Business Practice, 3rd Edition – Student EditionRelease date: September 28, 2018$150.00
Start-Up and Growth Companies in Canada: A Guide to Legal and Business Practice, 3rd EditionRelease date: September 28, 2018$195.00