Real Estate Practice in Ontario, 9th Edition, Student Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Click here for the professional edition of Real Estate Practice in Ontario, 9th Edition.
Real Estate Practice in Ontario, 9th Edition provides a comprehensive overview of the myriad issues – procedural and substantive – that underlie virtually every real estate transaction, and offers expert guidance on navigating the constantly evolving landscape of this practice area. An indispensable reference manual since it was first published five decades ago, this book remains the authoritative portable real estate guide as it continues to track the evolution of Ontario real estate law while delivering reliable advice on the potential challenges that arise in day-to-day practice.
In addition to examining all aspects of real estate practice in Ontario, including the registry system, the land titles system, agreements of purchase and sale, real estate agents, government controls, liens and taxes, this text includes an up-to-date discussion of recent developments in relevant legislation and case law.
This latest edition of Real Estate Practice in Ontario reflects the current state of real estate law and includes coverage of the new OnLand (Ontario Land Registry) web portal, which is used to deliver key statutory services relating to land and property ownership in Ontario to land registry professionals. In addition, this edition includes discussion of the following new or updated content:
- Registered owners newly permitted to be described under a single name and the impact of this change on Teraview registrations and searches;
- Introduction of a 15% non-resident speculation land transfer tax and changes to provincial and municipal land transfer tax payable;
- Planning Act amended to exempt from subdivision control land that is leased for 21 to 99 years for the purpose of building affordable housing units;
- Repeal of the Ontario Municipal Board and establishment of the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) as the province-wide appeal body for land use planning appeals;
- Construction Lien Act changed to Construction Act and discussion of the differences between the two statutes;
- Discussion of the new Escheats Act, 2015, and Forfeited Corporate Property Act, 2015 and consequent amendments to the Business Corporations Act and the Municipal Act, 2001;
- The Bhasin v. Hyrnew duty to act honestly in the performance of contractual obligations has been applied to agreements of purchase and sale;
- Residential condominium conversion projects (RCCPs) may now be covered under the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan.
Real Estate Practice in Ontario, 9th Edition is an indispensable reference manual for real estate practitioners, articling students, law clerks, paralegals, conveyancers and law librarians.
Student Edition: Softcover
Table of contents
Chapter 1: The registry system
Chapter 2 : The land titles system
Chapter 3: Other statutes affecting real estate in Ontario
Chapter 4 : Statutory liens and tax statutes affecting real estate
Chapter 5: Government controls on the use and disposition of land
Chapter 6 : Status of owner: Its effect on conveyancing
Chapter 7 : Easements and restrictive covenants
Chapter 8: Construction liens
Chapter 9: Personal Property Security Act
Chapter 10: Real estate agents
Chapter 11: The agreement of purchase and sale
Chapter 12: Procedures in a routine transaction of purchase and sale
Chapter 13: Acting for the purchaser of a condominium unit
Chapter 14: Representing purchasers of new homes
Chapter 15: Remedies on default
Chapter 16: Searching titles
Chapter 17: Legal description of land
Chapter 18: Proper execution of documents for registration
Chapter 19: Financing land: A miscellany
Chapter 20: Mortgage default proceedings
Real Estate Practice in Ontario, 9th EditionRelease date: August 30, 2019$200.00
New!PreorderA Guide to Consent & Capacity Law in Ontario, 2022 EditionNew!Release date: August 31, 2021$110.00
New!PreorderOntario Planning Legislation & Commentary, 2021 EditionNew!Release date: June 30, 2021$108.00