Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Ontario Superior Court Practice: Annotated Rules & Legislation, 2024 Edition (Volume 1) + Annotated Small Claims Court Rules & Related Materials (Volume 2) + E-Book + Key Takeaways for Common Motions Flysheet
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
"If you are looking for the ultimate ‘rule book’ with the Rules of Civil Procedure, Small Claims Court Rules, key legislation, practice notes, case summaries, links and more I highly recommend Ontario Superior Court Practice by The Honourable Mr. Justice Todd L. Archibald and Master P. Tamara Sugunasiri."
Mitchell Rose, Chartered Mediator & Settlement Counsel
Rose Dispute Resolution
From the book, 40 Mediation Advocacy Tips for Ontario Lawyers by Mitchell Rose (page 7)
The latest legislative and case law developments pertaining to the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
The 2024 Edition of Ontario Superior Court Practice incorporates legislative developments and the most salient case law pertaining to the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure, the Rules of the Small Claims Court and related statutes including the Class Proceedings Act, 1992, the Solicitor’s Act, the Limitations Act, 2002, and more.
10 Reasons Why OSCP is the "On-the-Go" Rules book for All Civil Litigators
- Annotations provide a summary of the law with cases footnoted – saves you time in "navigating the forest" to get to the salient point
- More in-depth and extensive annotations than other Rules books – gives you the answer that is not found elsewhere
- Example situations – helps you apply points of law to applicable situations
- Annotations edited by the judiciary to ensure currency – prepares you to meet bench expectations
- Accessible tables with procedural & substantive limitation periods, causes of action, defences and remedies, and civil appeal routes – provides you with the roadmap for your case
- Quick Guide to Preparation and Filing of Court Materials – relieves you of last-minute panic while preparing court filings
- Key Takeaways for Common Motions Flysheet – highlights the most important things you need to know about motions under Rules 19, 20 (Summary Judgment), 21 (Determination of Issue Before Trial), and 40 (Interlocutory Injunctions and Mandatory Orders)
- E-discovery Checklist – reminds you of the do’s and don’ts of e-discovery
- E-Book version that offers portability and free off-line access to full text of cases – allows you to leave your desk copy in your office (available with purchase of the Professional Edition only)
- “Two-In-One” (Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure + fully annotated Small Claims Court Rules) – saves you the hassle of “toggling” between two Rules books
Updates to the 2024 Edition include:
- The latest amendments to the statutes and Rules, including O. Reg. 520/22 (lawyers may file certificates of service in place of affidavits of service);
- Practice Notes incorporating the major appellate decisions since the previous edition on such key issues as enforcement of foreign judgments and the use of the Reciprocal Enforcement of Judgments Act (H.M.B. Holdings v. Antigua and Barbuda); justness of security for costs orders (Gauthier Estate v. White); reasonable expectations with respect to costs awards (Apotex v. Eli Lilly Canada), defamation and civil conspiracy pleadings (PMC York Properties v. Siudak), and sentencing principles on contempt motions (Caja Parguaya De Jubilaciones Y Pensiones Del Personal De Itaipu Binacional v. Obregon);
- Re-organizing of Practice Notes under the anti-SLAPP provision (CJA, s. 137.1) with new headings to reflect the burgeoning case law from Ontario courts, including the Court of Appeal’s direction in Park Lawn Corporation v. Kahu Capital Partners Ltd. to reign in the legal costs of such motions;
- Commentary on the first decision (Agha v. Munroe) to review the new provisions of Rule 53.03, which became effective on March 31, 2022; and
- The Causes of Action, Defences and Remedies Table (Table IV) has been updated to incorporate the latest pronouncements from the Supreme Court of Canada and Ontario Court of Appeal regarding tortious assault, force majeure clauses in contracts, corporate attribution, misrepresentation in securities filings, the requirement of leave to sue the Provincial Crown, promissory estoppel and formal validity of wills.
Exclusive E-Book Functionality
Combining technology and superior annotation and commentary, OSCP includes a complimentary e-book version that exclusively offers hyperlinks to full text cases, so you can read a specific rule, locate a relevant case, and link to a full-text version online without additional charge. Plus, you can read, bookmark, copy and email text, do key word searches and make highlights and notes. Plus, LexisNexis e-books are optimized for all mobile devices. Available with purchase of the Professional Edition only.
Contributing Author: Andrew James
Table of contents
Quick Guide to Preparation & Filing of Court Materials
- Procedural Limitation Periods
- Substantive Limitation Periods
- Flowcharts Summarizing Processes under the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Civil Appeal Routes
- Causes of Action, Defences and Remedies
- Courts of Justice Act
- Class Proceedings Act, 1992
- Law Society Act (excerpts)
- Solicitors Act
- Limitations Act, 2002
- Evidence Act
- Judicial Review Procedure Act
- Number of Judges, O. Reg. 502/99
- Designation of Regions, R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 186
- Small Claims Court Jurisdiction and Appeal Limit, O. Reg. 626/00
- Bilingual Proceedings, O. Reg. 53/01
- General Regulation, O. Reg. 497/20
- Subrogated Claims (Class Proceedings Act), O. Reg. 498/20
- Class Proceedings, O. Reg. 771/92
- Mediators' Fees (Rule 24.1, Rules of Civil Procedure), O. Reg. 451/98
- Rules of Civil Procedure (Annotated)
- Tariffs and Fees
Annotated Small Claims Court Rules and Related Materials Volume
- Rules of the Small Claims Court (Annotated)
- Family Law Rules
- Small Claims Court Forms
- Rules of Civil Procedure Forms
- Family Law Forms
- Commonly Used Forms at the Family Responsibility Office
- Forms Regulated by the Family Responsibility and Support Arrears Enforcement Act, 1996
- Forms Required Under the Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act, 2002
- Family Law Rules Forms
- Do's and Don'ts of E-Discovery Practices in Ontario
- Ontario Digital Evidence and eDiscovery Working Group Model Document #8 Annotated E-Discovery Checklist
- Ontario Digital Evidence and eDiscovery Working Group Model Document #9 Checklist for Preparing a Discovery Plan
E-Book (available with purchase of the Professional Edition only) + Key Takeaways for Common Motions Flysheet
Ontario Superior Court Practice: Annotated Rules & Legislation, 2024 Edition (Volume 1) + Annotated Small Claims Court Rules & Related Materials (Volume 2) + Key Takeaways for Common Motions Flysheet – Student EditionRelease date: September 28, 2023$100.00
Ontario Motor Vehicle Insurance Law & Commentary, 2024 EditionRelease date: September 28, 2023$120.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Mortgages (2023 Reissue) / Motor Vehicles (2023 Reissue)Release date: October 26, 2023$330.00